Frequency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikon6092

Please forgive my ignorance and if I"m not supposed to ask this question please delete. I live in Pleasant Grove, Al and used to listen to both the fire and police all the time just to keep up with all the happenings in the community. Since they have changed to the 800 mhz I can no longer do this. I have since ordered a scanner that supposedly will receive the 800 mhz frequency. Does anyone know the correct frequencies so that I input this into my scanner?

DickH

Please forgive my ignorance and if I"m not supposed to ask this question please delete. I live in Pleasant Grove, Al and used to listen to both the fire and police all the time just to keep up with all the happenings in the community. Since they have changed to the 800 mhz I can no longer do this. I have since ordered a scanner that supposedly will receive the 800 mhz frequency. Does anyone know the correct frequencies so that I input this into my scanner?

The only freqs. I can find for Chilton county are these: 46B 3 (3) 005 (5) Clanton Chilton 769.15625 769.40625 769.65625 769.90625c from the database (top of this page)

They are on the statewide trunked system that is digital Phase II. You will need a top of the line scanner, around $400-$500.

kc4jgc

1- Make sure the scanner you ordered is capable tracking TRUNKED P25 (digital) systems. Once you've verified that;
2- Go here Jefferson County Public Services Trunking System, Birmingham, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies.
3- Depending on the scanner, you may need to enter all freqs on a site or only the freqs in red and blue. Also, it appears this is a mixed analog and P25 system. Enter the system as Motorola. Next,
4- Enter the talk groups you're interested in monitoring.

Once you've done that, save the system; you should be set!

This appears to be a complex system, with a simulcast and various other sites. For further questions you'll need to post in the Alabama forum for assistance from someone who's familiar with Jefferson County's system as far as programming is concerned, especially in relation to whether the simulcast or one of the sites that's closest to you will work best.

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.