• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Frequent error messages

Might be me, wouldn't be the first time...
I seem to be getting a lot of these messages lately:

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

Anyone else?

mciupa

I was modifying my profile a moment ago and got the same response on Google Chrome.

I F5'd the page and all is good again. Well, not quite, I navigated off the page and it took me three tries to get back and edit this post.

K7MFC

Premium Subscriber
I've been seeing "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." as well today.

is this why i have a couple of little 1's running around here once and awhile ?
Trust me, it's better than a lot of little #2's running around.

Got a few of these, too:
No connection to the database available...

But then it looks like someone rebooted the whole dang thing. So, we've got that going for us...

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
Compared to all the database error messages and glitches vBulletin was having, so far Xenforo has been a delight. Looks like Lindsay even got the Search Forums fixed so that it no longer hangs or times out. (y)