Fresno Air National Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightsaidfred

I was at the Fresno Air National Guard in Fresno last week and saw their security police had VHF XTS5000s. I searched on here and found some basic statewide information on their VHF operations and found nothing.
Does anyone have what their frequencies are?
It probably is boring monitoring but I am traveling along the west coast for work and stay by them often now.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
If it's anythng like the military bases in Colorado and Wyoming, it's encrypted P-25. Good luck!

rightsaidfred

Actually, I think I may have got a hit on it and it’s analog. Each state does their ANG stuff different. Most states are not even P25 but it matters if it’s a state vs federal facility.
In Oregon you have the PANG base in Portland that’s a Phase I P25 system in the clear. But their southern ANG in K Falls is analog and unencrypted.
I looked at other states and most were in the clear but not all. It’s probably more about allocation of funds for each state.

ecps92

And [Share] you got a hit on what freq/tone

Actually, I think I may have got a hit on it and it’s analog. Each state does their ANG stuff different. Most states are not even P25 but it matters if it’s a state vs federal facility.
In Oregon you have the PANG base in Portland that’s a Phase I P25 system in the clear. But their southern ANG in K Falls is analog and unencrypted.
I looked at other states and most were in the clear but not all. It’s probably more about allocation of funds for each state.

rightsaidfred

o_O
You do understand there are folk out here who can likely ID what you found and validate it as or as-not your Target

[Moderators] - we need a "Shaking Head Wildly" Emoticon

I appreciate your input but since you are not even in the area, I am not sure why you are on my post. Please don’t post on my topic since it doesn’t concern you.

rightsaidfred

Exactly, but then "They know best" :coffee:
Maybe I should share my Frequent Flyer/travel itinerary, naw :devilish:

No actually you’re being rude. This is not your post nor are you in the area where this is frequency is used. But yet you post. Does it make you feel good to act superior? And look up the definition of cyber bullying and check your behavior.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
No actually you’re being rude. This is not your post nor are you in the area where this is frequency is used. But yet you post. Does it make you feel good to act superior? And look up the definition of cyber bullying and check your behavior.
You are apparently a whole 8 posts deep into RadioReference.

TBH, I don't think you're going to get much help throwing around a bunch of attitude. It seems to me that there may have been a poster in this thread that might have some information that will be helpful to you, but you shut him down with this "get out of my post, what do you know?" crap. He even said implicitly that he visits the Fresno area!
So what is your point in asking for help and then disqualifying those who are trying to help?

You obviously are not aware of how this whole thing works. Here on RadioReference, we share information and even though something isn't verified, it may become verified very quickly if you throw it out so that people can evaluate it and actually help you. They don't have to live next door to you to provide valuable information. It sounds like you don't want help, though so I am out.

I hope you don't feel like I am "cyber bullying" you[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]. Just trying to help you get the help you want.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rightsaidfred

You are apparently a whole 8 posts deep into RadioReference.

TBH, I don't think you're going to get much help throwing around a bunch of attitude. It seems to me that there may have been a poster in this thread that might have some information that will be helpful to you, but you shut him down with this "get out of my post, what do you know?" crap. He even said implicitly that he visits the Fresno area!
So what is your point in asking for help and then disqualifying those who are trying to help?

You obviously are not aware of how this whole thing works. Here on RadioReference, we share information and even though something isn't verified, it may become verified very quickly if you throw it out so that people can evaluate it and actually help you. They don't have to live next door to you to provide valuable information. It sounds like you don't want help, though so I am out.

I hope you don't feel like I am "cyber bullying" you[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]. Just trying to help you get the help you want.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I appreciate that but yes he is bullying. Dehumanizing another is bullying.
I had an account here years ago and am not at that agency so I do know how it works. People in the area where this frequency works contributes, not people a few thousand miles away and then when they don’t like what I post make snide remarks that make him feel superior. That’s not what this site is about and I was on here in the beginning. Linsey would have banned him back then but I suppose it’s acceptable now.

kma371

QRT
ECPS actually has a great deal of knowledge of federal systems Nationwide. To dismiss him because he isn't local was pretty rude whether you think so or not. I'm from the area. Am I worthy of sharing?

rightsaidfred

ECPS actually has a great deal of knowledge of federal systems Nationwide. To dismiss him because he isn't local was pretty rude whether you think so or not. I'm from the area. Am I worthy of sharing?

Do you have any knowledge of what the frequency they use? Let’s get back on topic like adults.

kma371

QRT
Do you have any knowledge of what the frequency they use? Let’s get back on topic like adults.

No but I was down at the airport about week and a half ago searching myself for what you found along with searching for active VDL2 data.

rightsaidfred

I got some static on the statewide on 149.675 and tones detected. I didn’t see any repeater antennas while looking around and was wondering if they are doing simplex. The entrance guards are using XTS5000s with the dipole VHF antennas. Their air cop vehicles have VHF antennas as well.
Since it’s an Air National Guard base, it’s up to the state to implement a radio system and I swept for a control channel and found nothing in the VHF range that’s federal.

rightsaidfred

It seemed to be analog and not digital as well. This frequency is listed as the statewide National Guard main frequency and it seemed odd to be getting hits on it.
Thanks for looking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.