Frito Lay Corp

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeveau2010

Hi, I live about 2 miles from frito lay in dayville ct, I was listening to them ( inside the plant radios ) on the
400 band and now the band is silent, any ideas if they have changed to diffrent radios or are using a diffrent system?

thank you

Paul Deveau

KB1UAM

Are you hearing any kind of weird sound or any other noise on the old feequencies? If so theymay have either switched to nexedge or mototrbo

pdeveau2010

so how would i program the radio with the new freq?

okay, thanks for the info now how would i program the scanner ( uniden BC 246T ) to recieve those new frequencies? there is no noise on the old freq.

thanks

Paul

KB1UAM

I looked at the license and the only designator I see is for narrowbanding only. Do you have all their feequencies plugged in? Maybe they switched temporarily due to the fact they are narrowbanding?

pdeveau2010

new frequencies

ok, I entered all the frequencies that they have on the fcc site and 1 of the freq's is makeing a racket, like a motor sound, all the rest are silent, what do i have to do to monitor this freq. ??

thanks

Paul

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
You say you put "all" freqs in? do you mean ALL of them or just the ones listing a repeater? And there is no emissions for MOTOTRBO so if its them there in violation of there license as well as there pending app, That being said only put in the freqs that have the "FB2" next to them. the othersare moot,there the inputs to the repeaters. Also you might be getting "splash" from a whole different system due to all the narrowbanding and changes. Adding a PL tone to your freqs (if your scanner will do this) will help that somewhat

pdeveau2010

thanks

hi, thanks for everyones help, 2 of the new freq's have a motorboat sound now, and K1TSB last post says it its a kenwood sys. so I guess we are out of luck as far as monitoring them, oh well another one bites the dust.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.