Frontier oil Refinery

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrek06

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the frequencies of the radios at Frontier Oil Refinery (El Dorado, KS)? I don't mean the Fire, etc. but rather all the workers, etc. There is a long time retiree, that I think would enjoy listening to the chatter.

Thanks,

Redneck0410

Does anyone have the frequencies of the radios at Frontier Oil Refinery (El Dorado, KS)? I don't mean the Fire, etc. but rather all the workers, etc. There is a long time retiree, that I think would enjoy listening to the chatter.

Thanks,

I attempted to look it up both through name and address search on the FCC database and came up with nothing.

maney3

In Cheyenne they are now Holly Frontier. They also went digital. I am not having much luck listening here aslo. I also need help.

shrek06

Premium Subscriber
In Cheyenne they are now Holly Frontier. They also went digital. I am not having much luck listening here aslo. I also need help.

It is Holly Frontier in El Dorado. As well. I may just ask the retiree to ask his buddies out at the plant. I was hoping to surprise him.

dgruver911

I attempted to look it up both through name and address search on the FCC database and came up with nothing.

You must of been looking under the wrong service or something....
WNWE657 Frontier El Dorado Oil Refining LLC
854.0125, 854.2125, 860.1875, 860.6625, 860.9125
conventional repeaters; 350 mobiles

Redneck0410

You must of been looking under the wrong service or something....
WNWE657 Frontier El Dorado Oil Refining LLC
854.0125, 854.2125, 860.1875, 860.6625, 860.9125
conventional repeaters; 350 mobiles

I searched under all services and didn't find it, however it pulled up in the FCC database using the callsign as service GJ which is business 800 mHz conventional.

scanningisfun

OK, I have been wondering about this for a while. I know a FF at the refinery. It appears that it may be a trunked EDACS system. The license is incorrect. I found the license in this thread already (WNWE657). I noticed that the conversation jumped frequencies between the repeater frequencies listed. I also noticed the EDACS beeps after a person stopped transmitting. I wasn't able to find an EDACS CC on any of the repeater frequencies in that license, however.

I searched through 851.0125-868.9875, and low and behold I found an EDACS CC. The control channel right now is 859.81250. I ran a search for that frequency, and WQJF568 came up. It is a conventional license, but it is a trunked system. Notes of that license, "RADIOS WILL BE USED IN OPERATION OF OIL REFINERY." The FF I know said his radio says "Trunked Safety."

So I believe the licenses are related.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.