Frustrated. Pro-106.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetherb67

Wow. I've tried everything I know to get this thing working. I subscribed to RR.com, using Win500, imported Lowndes County....

Scans on the screen but haven't heard a thing yet.

I did notice though, on the TSYS objects tab on right side, I see System Frequencies. There is only one number there, the red control number from the RR site. There are others listed on the site but they are not in that system frequencies area.

I've uploaded my P500 file in zip form for someone to look at? Just have no clue. Also updated the firmware on the scanner to the newest one and that didn't help.

Attachments

• LOWNDES P500.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 78

wetherb67

I've tried programming with the WIN500 after downloading from RR, I've tried programming with GRE/RS Object Editor after downloading from RR...

Nothing works. I thought with the RR downloads it would be easy. :(

wetherb67

YAY!!!!!!

I got it working.....

In Win500, I went to the right side under System Frequencies and enter ALL of the system frequencies, not just the control channel....and BOOM it works!

:)

KC0CSE

control channels

There are those that will tell you all you need to program is the Control channels and everything will work fine...I wonder about this too...you can go on YOU TUBE and find many of these folks showing you how to program the unit this way...

WX0BPR

There are those that will tell you all you need to program is the Control channels and everything will work fine...I wonder about this too...you can go on YOU TUBE and find many of these folks showing you how to program the unit this way...

I used to do only CC's for our State P25 system here in MN. It works, but we have several sites that change to their Alt CC for a day once a month or so just for fun (to make sure it works) makes for a boring scan that day with out of service CC's.

YAY!!!!!!

I got it working.....

In Win500, I went to the right side under System Frequencies and enter ALL of the system frequencies, not just the control channel....and BOOM it works!

:)

Hmm that's interesting. I live in Michigan which is pretty much a digital state now. I have just the control channels programmed in and the voice channels play off it.

I wonder if they may possibly have more than one control channel possibly.

You could always set your scanner to check the control channels if there is more than one possibly.

satosi

Whether you have to input all the frequencies or not depends on the type of system. With Motorola systems you only have to input the control frequencies, and the order doesn't matter. However, if you are entering an EDACS system, not only do you have to put in all of the frequencies, but you have to put them in the right order.

puzzleriddle

Save yourself some trouble in te long run... program all the System frequencies now, so later ya will not have to worry when they do change CC's.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
puzzle,
you are right on the money. I put them all in my radio this way I never have to worry about anything unless they actually get a new channel not listed

puzzleriddle

I got in habit of doing that when n programming the local EDACS system hehe. also your ready when the 800 stuff until it rebands

Status
Not open for further replies.