• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Frustrated. Pro-106.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I've tried everything I know to get this thing working. I subscribed to RR.com, using Win500, imported Lowndes County....

Scans on the screen but haven't heard a thing yet.

I did notice though, on the TSYS objects tab on right side, I see System Frequencies. There is only one number there, the red control number from the RR site. There are others listed on the site but they are not in that system frequencies area.

I've uploaded my P500 file in zip form for someone to look at? Just have no clue. Also updated the firmware on the scanner to the newest one and that didn't help.

Attachments

I've tried programming with the WIN500 after downloading from RR, I've tried programming with GRE/RS Object Editor after downloading from RR...

Nothing works. I thought with the RR downloads it would be easy. :(

YAY!!!!!!

I got it working.....

In Win500, I went to the right side under System Frequencies and enter ALL of the system frequencies, not just the control channel....and BOOM it works!

:)

control channels

There are those that will tell you all you need to program is the Control channels and everything will work fine...I wonder about this too...you can go on YOU TUBE and find many of these folks showing you how to program the unit this way...

There are those that will tell you all you need to program is the Control channels and everything will work fine...I wonder about this too...you can go on YOU TUBE and find many of these folks showing you how to program the unit this way...
I used to do only CC's for our State P25 system here in MN. It works, but we have several sites that change to their Alt CC for a day once a month or so just for fun (to make sure it works) makes for a boring scan that day with out of service CC's.

YAY!!!!!!

I got it working.....

In Win500, I went to the right side under System Frequencies and enter ALL of the system frequencies, not just the control channel....and BOOM it works!

:)
Hmm that's interesting. I live in Michigan which is pretty much a digital state now. I have just the control channels programmed in and the voice channels play off it.

I wonder if they may possibly have more than one control channel possibly.

You could always set your scanner to check the control channels if there is more than one possibly.

Whether you have to input all the frequencies or not depends on the type of system. With Motorola systems you only have to input the control frequencies, and the order doesn't matter. However, if you are entering an EDACS system, not only do you have to put in all of the frequencies, but you have to put them in the right order.

joetnymedic

Premium Subscriber
puzzle,
you are right on the money. I put them all in my radio this way I never have to worry about anything unless they actually get a new channel not listed

Status
Not open for further replies.