FSP San Joaquin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any frequencies for them? Primarily the Stockton area, please and thank you.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone have any frequencies for them? Primarily the Stockton area, please and thank you.

No idea. I would recommend checking the database for LTR standard systems in San Joaquin county, as well as checking that Mt Diablo system in my previous post. But since you are in CHP's Valley Division they may do things differently than Golden Gate, and probably use a different commercial SMR provider (and band) for their radio systems.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
No idea. I would recommend checking the database for LTR standard systems in San Joaquin county, as well as checking that Mt Diablo system in my previous post. But since you are in CHP's Valley Division they may do things differently than Golden Gate, and probably use a different commercial SMR provider (and band) for their radio systems.
I loaded in the LTR frequencies for the Mt. Diablo tower and programmed the FSP entry. Seemed to be garbage trucks or some sort. BUT, if you ever want to hear some random or comical conversations then listen to that LTR system during the weekdays.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I loaded in the LTR frequencies for the Mt. Diablo tower and programmed the FSP entry. Seemed to be garbage trucks or some sort. BUT, if you ever want to hear some random or comical conversations then listen to that LTR system during the weekdays.

Oh I know, they are hilarious! :)

It's not surprising that the talkgroup ID is wrong, because these commercial systems constantly change as customers add and drop service. If you wouldn't mind, try programming a "wildcard talkgroup" (or 'ID search'), whichever way your scanner allows you to monitor all talkgroups on the system without programming each talkgroup individually. You'll hear a lot of comical stuff, plus you might be able to find the new FSP dispatch talkgroup if they moved. They should be pretty easy to find since the dispatcher will sound much more professional than the others, because they are dispatched by CHP Valley Division.

I wish I could help, but I no longer live in the area.

Last edited:

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Got a POSSIBLE lead on FSP for Stockton.

Mt. Diablo South Peak tower, DEC 0-02-84, it is not listed. Per CHP CAD F5 was dispatched and I head a 5 10-97 on that LTR channel.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
INIGO88,
I do have that entire system in ID Search which is how I found that unlisted DEC that MIGHT be FSP. Will add more details as I find them.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I've created your own thread in the Sac Valley forum. Please don't hijack threads in other regional forums; it's essentially off-topic.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey Wayne, while you're here, any idea on what FSP uses in the valley?

I searched back through your old posts on the UHF T-band Crystal LTR systems from back in 2006-2007, but those seem to be limited to Golden Gate Division. Surprisingly for LTR, those Crystal systems seem to still be in operation today.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I would imagine their own company freqs (i.e., the company providing the FSP service). They don't operate the same as in the SF Bay area from what I've seen.

Maybe the CSAA typicals.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I would imagine their own company freqs (i.e., the company providing the FSP service). They don't operate the same as in the SF Bay area from what I've seen.

Maybe the CSAA typicals.

Excellent. I'd imagine the typical LTR systems serving the valley would be possibles as well then, like Pine Hill, etc.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
This is a general question pertaining to FSP and CHP. Why is it that FSP is separately dispatched from CHP. I understand why Fire and AMR/Valleycomm split long ago because of the large amount of traffic. Least down here on the White, there seems to be a good ratio of air downtime and busy air time given #/types of incidents.

In summary: wouldn't it be more beneficial for FSP to be either directly dispatched by CHP or be allowed to communicate directly to the officers rather than having information relayed between dispatches?

jeremyphoto23

In summary: wouldn't it be more beneficial for FSP to be either directly dispatched by CHP or be allowed to communicate directly to the officers rather than having information relayed between dispatches?

It is out of the Sac Comm Ctr, only thing I can think of for other smaller centers is staffing. CHP Sac has a dedicated FSP desk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
So the FSP desk in Sacramento is dispatching for FSP all over the state? In my mind it would make more sense to incorporate FSP into being another unit of theirs and dispatch them appropriately. My guesses would be the difference between FSP being a program from CHP and not actually CHP itself.

jeremyphoto23

So the FSP desk in Sacramento is dispatching for FSP all over the state? In my mind it would make more sense to incorporate FSP into being another unit of theirs and dispatch them appropriately. My guesses would be the difference between FSP being a program from CHP and not actually CHP itself.

No, sorry...just the sac area is out of Sac Comm. On SRRCS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.