• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

FT-270R charging with SBH-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
My FT-270R HT was purchased in 2014. Every time I turn it on it shows the battery voltage.
It came with the Ni-MH battery pack and a Desktop charger SBH-13.
The SBH-13 requires the phone to be off before inserting, but also allows the battery pack alone to be charged. Guess, if you have a spare battery pack that is useful.

The charger also has a red LED in the front center and my observations are:
- blinking red while charging
- red solid when almost finished
- led off after a while longer when finished (over charged?).

I noticed that the voltage displayed (turn on HT) when "over charged" is 8.4V and it is a bit smelly. when you sniff it. During use, the voltage drops down slowly and currently (testing how low it goes before shut-off) it is 6.5V (without the battery low sign icon)

I have been told to run the NI-MH down till a battery symbol appears (to avoid to many charge cycles) and then recharge again.

I can't find any info if I need to stop charging with a solid red light or when the LED is off again.

Does anyone know?

KM4LKN

Status
Not open for further replies.