Yaesu: FT-70DR owners- ADMS 10 sucks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2MLV

FT-60r to FT-70r

Reviving old thread

Has anyone found a way to export FT-60r program data to FT-70r either with RT systems software or ADMS.

I have my channel data stored in FT-60r commander.

'73

Steve

k6cpo

Reviving old thread

Has anyone found a way to export FT-60r program data to FT-70r either with RT systems software or ADMS.

I have my channel data stored in FT-60r commander.

'73

Steve

Either copy and paste or Export/Import as a CSV file. I've done both but only between RT Systems applications for different radios.

donnie_ke6don

I have a VX 6R and thinking about adding the FT70DR and the also he FT 3200 mobile.

I'm curious, other than the programing issue with the radio,

what are the owners honest feeling about the radio?

Thanks.

73 donnie

KE6DON

KC8WSA

Thank you for posting the info on the ADMS-10 instruction manual. I bought this radio two weeks ago and it's been utter frustration on how to program it. Learning algebra for the first time at age 61 was easier! After I got the program loaded on to my computer, I am not finding the required driver to run the thing. Any suggestions on where I can find this?

msdaly59

What a PITA

Best I could get was to download data from the HT to my computer, no connectivity whatsoever from the computer to the HT. Weird.

The directions are not exactly well written either.

KC8WSA

Instruction Manual

I found the ADMS-10 very helpful in getting the program to load onto the radio. I printed it out so I could see step by step on how to get the radio to communicate to the computer and visa versa. When you fill out the sheet with your frequencies, pl tones and all that other stuff, make sure you save it to your computer. (I saved mine to my desktop). When I open the ADMA=10 program and then go to the "Communications" tab at the top only the option to have the radio to communicate to the computer is highlighted. I select that. When that is complete then I can hit the Communications tab again and the option is then highlighted to send your info from the computer to the radio. BUT, here's what you need to do. Reopen your saved file that you stored on your desktop and make sure all the info you put in there is correct. Then follow the directions on the wizard and it will load the info onto your radio.

Maybe I am leaving some info out, but that ADM-10 manual is very helpful in step by step directions. Look, I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to figuring this stuff out, but I am now on the air. Finally!

HandiScratchy

I've noticed that when I import data from the radio the ADMS makes small changes to the memory frequencies?
I have 145.110 saved in Memory 1, after importing from the radio it listed the frequency as 145.1250. Memory 2 is 145.140 in the radio but after import it is changed to 145.14375.
Memory 3 is 145.230 in the radio and unchanged ADMS table
So the changes are somewhat random.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that when I import data from the radio the ADMS makes small changes to the memory frequencies?
I have 145.110 saved in Memory 1, after importing from the radio it listed the frequency as 145.1250. Memory 2 is 145.140 in the radio but after import it is changed to 145.14375.
Memory 3 is 145.230 in the radio and unchanged ADMS table
So the changes are somewhat random.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

Only thing I can think of is step size of radio and program are different. However, I have never seen an import 'change' the frequency. Usually its a frequency entered at device that's not on a step and it gets bumped up or down.

If you correct it in the program, write to radio, check its correct in radio, read from radio and check what's in program. Is it different in the program now? If it is I'm thinking some memory issue.

You might try a radio reset if you have a good save on your computer. That fixes 'stuff' on MS operating system all the time.:D

Good Luck,
Mike

HandiScratchy

Only thing I can think of is step size of radio and program are different. However, I have never seen an import 'change' the frequency. Usually its a frequency entered at device that's not on a step and it gets bumped up or down.

If you correct it in the program, write to radio, check its correct in radio, read from radio and check what's in program. Is it different in the program now? If it is I'm thinking some memory issue.

You might try a radio reset if you have a good save on your computer. That fixes 'stuff' on MS operating system all the time.:D

Good Luck,
Mike
@mcscanner, thanks for the reply. The radio has correct settings and is in regular use.
The longer history than what I typed up last night is that I had a friend program the radio with a file he'd already set up. I then imported the data and made edits to remove a bunch of repeaters I don't access. I then noticed a lot of flaky frequencies and blamed him (he's a fairly new ham). I corrected all the inputs and saved it to the radio which is the current config less some changes made via the radio front panel. When I downloaded from the radio last night to make further changes I noticed the frequencies were once again messed up in the ADMS file.

If it were the step size the difference should be consistent but it's not. Some memories are changed some are not.

Not sure I want to do a radio reset. I don't see where the ADMS stores DigId info for the other users I've "paired" with for want of the Yaesu term. I haven't checked CHIRP yet maybe I can get that to work and bypass the Yaesu software or maybe add a data point to help me figure out what's causing the issue.

kayleesdad

Yaesu 70dr

I gave up on the yaesu supplied adms software after
I couldn't get it to download properly in to a .csv file which I then would have used to copy in from other radios.

Went with rtsystems.

The yaesu 70dr went to Calif. on Friday for speaker repair under warranty after 30 days; can't wait to hear what they say.

Good radio. Does fusion. Has many scan banks, lots of memory. Decent selectivity, good with elk 140/440 antenna in a high RF location. Have to push a side button and turn the knob on top to change volume which seemed cumbersome. External speaker mic is a tiny thing.

HandiScratchy

I gave up on the yaesu supplied adms software after
I couldn't get it to download properly in to a .csv file which I then would have used to copy in from other radios.

Went with rtsystems.

The yaesu 70dr went to Calif. on Friday for speaker repair under warranty after 30 days; can't wait to hear what they say.

Good radio. Does fusion. Has many scan banks, lots of memory. Decent selectivity, good with elk 140/440 antenna in a high RF location. Have to push a side button and turn the knob on top to change volume which seemed cumbersome. External speaker mic is a tiny thing.
Wow that's a coincidence.
My speaker died on Friday during evening rush hour. Since it's a holiday weekend and I wasn't getting anywhere fast I called tech support and they say send it back. When I got home I checked audio with headphones and it's fine just the speaker won't work.

K2FRY

Finally!

Fantastic, This solved my problem! After hours of frustration I realized that yes, I had accidentally locked the radio. Thanks very much for sharing!

Solved it! I noticed something on the screen - it was a tiny lock symbol! Of course the rig locks if you momentarily press the power button - so it's easy to do so accidentally.

Turning the lock off, meant that option to "Get" and "Send" between PC and rig all returned - and all working fine.

kuhnje

Sorry, but I have been trying to get it to work with my brand new FT-70DR and cannot program it. Any tricks using this horrible software from Yaesu? All I get is "time out" when I attempt to read the radio and I have tried multiple times and followed the directions to the letter.... ugh

Do you have the driver properly installed? I found I had to install it directly from Device Mansger and have Windows look the driver at the root of the FT-70DR (not the Driver directory). Once I did that, haven’t had any issues. I even have it installed in VM’s under VMWare as I have a Mac and run Windows I’m VM’s.

kuhnje

ADMS works perfectly here even in VMWare (Windows) on my Mac. Driver had to be installed manually from the Device Manager. This is said even in the literature supplement that comes with the radio. I found I had to point Windows simply at the root of the ADMS setup directory. Don’t point it at the Driver subdirectory as that’s for something different. I’m
Sure RT Systems is decent, but too expensive in my opinion and I don’t like how they force you to use their proprietary cables. Yaesu ADMS is fine. I usually just manually program all my radios, anyway.

KE0RGP

ADMS-10 sucks

I have been having nothing but troubles with the YAESU ADMS software. Everytime I download from the FT70DR, the speadsheet shows wrong frequencies, like 149.940 shows 146.94375, and on and on and on.

I emailed Yaesu and they suggested I put the step in AUTO and was possibly in 12.5 kHz steps in the FT70DR. WRONG!!, it was in AUTO. And, why should that matter at all?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program... no different. The ADMS-10 is totally useless to me. They have super tech people working for them yet they can not write a proper program that works?

I keep relying back to the CHIRP program. It works PERFECTLY but does not have all the features, and it's FREE.

Ok, is there any instructions or tutorials on how to program the FT-70D using CHIRP? I can't find anything on it. I am about to throw my PC out the window if ADMS-10 gives me another error message

W5GX

Check out the CHIRP site for starters.

Home - CHIRP

Generally, you plug the cable to the computer and radio, turn the radio on into the 'clone' mode, get CHIRP ready to receive, then transmit the clone information from the radio. CHIRP opens up a small window telling you the same thing.

Most errors stem from some issue with the cable and/or USB drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.