Ft Hood Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslo

I'm in the Whitney area and focus my monitering interest on SWdx, CivAir, MilAir and Utility. I have been trying for Ft Hood comms and have not been successful yet. I am on a high cliff on the shore of Lake Whitney. This location gives me good elevation with minimal obstruction. I am using IcomR75, SonyICF2010, CommRadio CR-1, two AOR 8200's, AOR1000 and a AOR8600MkII. Diamond 3000 Discone and a ParEndfedz 45ft wire all split with proper splitters and coaxed with good wire. The Discone is on a 10' mast above the roofline and the Par is polarized East/West. I have scanned many Ft Hood freqs and have no catches. Is anyone aware of any active Ft Hood freqs? Also if anyone is in the Whitney, Hillsboro, Waco Central Texas area and wants to exchange info on other comms please say so.

thanks,
Jslo

jslo

Lowband and aircraft.

I pulled most of my ft hood freqs from the CDROM from Grove called monitoring the military.
I will start the comparison of the freqs on this site to what I am monitoring.
I may be just outta reach also. Another thought, I was flying with a friend in a small 6 seat Bonanza and we were diverted around Hood for UMAV (Drone) traffic. Those guys are transmitting live video and it crossed my mind as to what it would take to monitor the video feed? Just dreaming.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.