• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Yaesu: FTM 100DR Memory Bank or lack there of

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to get an FTM 100dr- as my FT 7800 is in for repair but it dont look good for my old radio. But in researching that radio I see it has 500 memory channels- BUT NO BANK(S) like my old 7800- so I guess I would have to scan through all 500 or whatever if I don't have them bunched together - I hope I am making sense- On my 7800 I have all my desert repeaters on one bank- my Utah repeaters in another bank etc- any ideas?
I got so used to having my channels in banks - Thanks for any info that will help me look for a poss new radio

retblue,

Sorry that I don't have an answer to your post but I did want to say Welcome to Radio Reference! Hopefully someone will be by that can answer your posting.

73, Dave K4EET

Last edited:
Geab the manual and other documents from https://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?c...B82F01E68C1E0F0BA6&DivisionID=65&isArchived=1 and you'll probably find the information you seek. HTH.
Thanks for the link to the manuals for that transceiver. I believe that the OP will be able to do what they want to do but not in a "banks" configuration. They can check out the manual and then contact Yaesu if there are any questions.

73, Dave K4EET

P.S.: Does HTH mean Hope That Helps?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.