• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Funeral for SS, Medicare and Medicaid Jan 20th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social Security:

Born: August 14th, 1935
Died January 20th, 2017
COD: Trump and the Republicans

Medicare:

Born: July 30th, 1965
Died January 20th, 2017

Medicaid:

Born: July 30th 1965
Died January 20th, 2017

GOOD!

None of those programs are Constitutional. They are unfortunately woven into the fabric of society so they will need to be removed gradually.

what will you say to all the disabled, retired, and all the newly unemployed medical personnel who will be shafted when they are eliminated?

as well as the large economic turmoil and unemployment and homelessness it will cause?

what will you say to all the disabled, retired, and all the newly unemployed medical personnel who will be shafted when they are eliminated?

as well as the large economic turmoil and unemployment and homelessness it will cause?
Are you listening to those progressive liberal commentators, Thom Hartmann, Norman Goldmann and Ed Schultz?

Trump was not my top choice.

But, I refuse to act like the world is going to end. I am a centrist and there is a lot to like about what happened:

1) My guns are safe
2) The government might get something done
3) We end up with a Constitutionally balanced supreme court
4) Trade agreements go back to the drawing board
5) Jobs grow due to the theory of trickle down economics (never created a job but who knows)
6) The ACA gets scrapped

The bad:

Refer above.....

We don't know how this is all going to turn out and there is no point in jumping to conclusions. There are a lot of smart people that work in high places. They know all the statistics about the poor and whatnot and statistics play a role in choices. The republicans are not going to start gutting sustainability of the people, won't happen.

So relax, be optimistic, look at the good points and we move on. There is no amount of whining that is going to change a thing. Grow a pair and let's move on.

Sorry it took me a bit to respond. A buddy of mine is a Respiratory Therapist. He called to tell me he was just fired. Before that he was ordered to walk thru the ICU, extubate everyone and roll the ventilators into a big truck with Trump Pence signs on the side. I was so shocked to hear this news I walked up into the kitchen for a drink of water. My next door neighbor was being evicted so President elect Trump could develop his property. Then I looked north. Coming down the highway for as far as I could see was a line of people. I walked over to them. They said they just lost their job, lost their house, lost their health insurance and since the city had voted for Hillary the electricity had been cut.

Armageddon!

Social Security:

Born: August 14th, 1935
Died January 20th, 2017

Medicare:

Born: July 30th, 1965
Died January 20th, 2017

Medicaid:

Born: July 30th 1965
Died January 20th, 2017

All of those threats were used by the Democrat party before the information age to scare senior citizens into voting for them.

They'd say, "Hey, if you elect Republican they'll take away your SS check and you'll be forced to eat Alpo for dinner."

The Republicans never took those things away, not that they ever had our interests at heart.

We haven't had a president for the people since JFK.

All of those threats were used by the Democrat party before the information age to scare senior citizens into voting for them.

They'd say, "Hey, if you elect Republican they'll take away your SS check and you'll be forced to eat Alpo for dinner."
The Republicans use the exact same tactic to this day, only it's the threat that Democrats will take their guns.

And voters of both parties are stupid, and believe the false threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.