Future Dispatch Frequency for Sussex County Fire & Ems

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scanner1man

Sussex County Sheriff's Comm Center was issued a License for 155.0625, which lists on License that it will

be for Fire & Ems Paging. Also,found out that the Bids for the build out are due on 20 November 18.

joemoor

Feed Provider
Another one to keep an ear on is 155.7075 P25 NAC 293. It's also listed in the ULS as a Fire/EMS freq with what looks like countywide coverage. I picked up two units doing coverage testing out towards peter's valley early morning a few days ago.

Definitely P25, which makes sense since the county (Sheriff) and when they do dispatching for Andover is P25

S

scanner1man

Thanks for the heads up. Also,Byram Township gets Dispatched by the County,not Andover.

S

scanner1man

All Byram Township Emergency Services have been since late last December.

S

scanner1man

Sussex County Sheriff's Comm Center was issued a License for 155.0625, which lists on License that it will

be for Fire & Ems Paging. Also,found out that the Bids for the build out are due on 20 November 18.

Update: As of yesterday 11/19, the Bidding Process was cancelled. That's all the info said on the County Website.

S

scanner1man

Is there a typo error for the new EMS Operations Frequency, 155.7050. Because on the License it's not listed but 155.7075 is. Member joemoor posted that he was hearing P25 on 155.7075 with NAC 293. Also,FYI 155.0625 has two different licenses WPEM-831 and WRCD-518 which list different Transmitter Sites.

Last edited:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Is there a typo error for the new EMS Operations Frequency, 155.7050. Because on the License it's not listed but 155.7075 is. Member joemoor posted that he was hearing P25 on 155.7075 with NAC 293. Also,FYI 155.0625 has two different licenses WPEM-831 and WRCD-518 which list different Transmitter Sites.

FIXED! Thanks, As to 155.0625, listed now is the WPEM831, more locations within the county are listed on this license.

S

scanner1man

Thanks Ken. I'm just trying to keep up on all the new Licenses and changes going on, so Members stay up dated

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Clarafication Needed

Need a little help here please,

I just received a submission stating the new VHF Sussex Co for Fire & Ems Paging Ch 155.0625 and the 155.7075 P25 NAC 293 for Fire and EMS are not valid.

(Though a recent post here on 11-4-18 quote "I picked up two units doing coverage testing out towards peter's valley early morning a few days ago." (on 155.7075 P25)

Text of the recent submission:
Both Fire/EMS paging and the “P25 EMS Ops Channels”(the new VHF channels that were listed) are both wrong information. County communications as well as any PSAP throughout the area does not use them. Bad Information was submitted. VHF Fire and EMS Channel is not in use anywhere and there is no P25 EMS Ops at all.

(My thinking is the 2 frequencies may not be in current use but are for future allocation and usage).

Additional Info and / or clarification is needed if frequencies are indeed used:confused:

Thank you,

S

scanner1man

Ken, I 'm assuming for future use. I did see the License for these Frequencies. I posted it to the Forums and not the Database, because it wasn't being used yet. When I read that the Bidding Process was cancelled by Sussex County, I posted the updated information, so everyone would know about the change,in case anyone programmed it in scanners and were wondering why nothing was being Broadcast over 155.0625.

S

scanner1man

Ken, I 'm assuming for future use. I did see the License for these Frequencies. I posted it to the Forums and not the Database, because it wasn't being used yet. When I read that the Bidding Process was cancelled by Sussex County, I posted the updated information, so everyone would know about the change,in case anyone programmed it in scanners and were wondering why nothing was being Broadcast over 155.0625.

I just checked the License, and under Construct Deadline Date it said for 155.0625, 5-25-2019 and 155.7075
12-14-2017.

joemoor

Feed Provider
I would agree. I was simply adding them to the conversation. But neither is ready for prime-time or to be added to the DB.

I'm monitoring them to investigate their use and parameters, but they are mostly quiet with the exception of the testing I heard and some other distant stations on the same freq.

I will continue to update this thread and only submit a DB update when they go live.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I would agree. I was simply adding them to the conversation. But neither is ready for prime-time or to be added to the DB.

I'm monitoring them to investigate their use and parameters, but they are mostly quiet with the exception of the testing I heard and some other distant stations on the same freq.

I will continue to update this thread and only submit a DB update when they go live.

No problem. Just want to be careful here, just because an agency gets a new frequency(s) via a new or updated FCC license. It does not mean the agency will put them into immediate use. (Build out times and vendor contracts not withstanding) So here at RR we usually wait until activity is monitored, confirmed, posted or better if put in via a DB submission.

Since recent P25 Activity(testing) that was monitored on one frequency posted. it was "thought" the frequency had become active. Have to be careful when monitoring it's not a co-channel user for another agency, location or DX from conditions as in "Ducting".

Thanks

S

scanner1man

I just checked the License, and under Construct Deadline Date it said for 155.0625, 5-25-2019 and 155.7075
12-14-2017.

I guess I should've waited to post this information, until I could confirm if it was in use or not.Sorry for any confusion I might've caused.

S

scanner1man

The new date for the Bids is 15 January 2019

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Update: As of yesterday 11/19, the Bidding Process was cancelled. That's all the info said on the County Website.

County and municipal bodies do that all the time in New Jersey to get into compliance. Sometimes part of the RFP isn't worded properly or wasn't publicly advertised soon enough or for long enough. The state is really psychotically specific about the guidelines, and rightfully so. They usually just relist it with a new deadline like you noted above once it's all fixed. Or in some cases the state makes them start all over.

S

scanner1man

At the Freeholders Meeting on 2/27/19, they will vote to approve a contract with PierCon Solutions,LLC, for the amount of $569,057.49. This contract is from 2/27/19 to 2/26/20.

Last edited:

nicfal

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know which frequency Byram gets dispatched on as well as their response/operations channel if it is different? I know they are county dispatched, but there are too many possibilities there. Thanks in advance.

S

scanner1man

Byram FD 46.10 Dispatch, 155.19 Response, 154.43 Local Fire Ground
Byram PD 154.845 Dispatch, also Sheriff.
Lakeland Emergency Squad 154.3925 Dispatch / Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.