Future of OKC radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

851.1875 is another control channel popped up today and for some reason it's health is 66% unlike the other frequency at 100% in unitrunker.
DSDPLus on that frequency is spitting out +P25P1 NAC: A TSDU

Last edited:

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
851.1875 is another control channel popped up today and for some reason it's health is 66% unlike the other frequency at 100% in unitrunker.
DSDPLus on that frequency is spitting out +P25P1 NAC: A TSDU

I have had good luck with 851.1875 for the past several days. Listening from moore. Health has been around 75 for me.

S

simpilo

I loaded HDSDR to check how strong it really is. 12db over S9 with Tuner Gain at 17db gain RTL-AGC off. Don't understand why the low 66% health bar in Unitrunker. You know what I am wondering if they are testing the system for break downs and errors.

I have questions about this new system

Are they building 20 new towers?

Do they have all the mobile and portable units in their warehouse ready to be deployed/assigned to units and dispatch?

Do they have the new antennas setup at the comm center on N Shartel built? I literally live in 1/2 mile from it.

I just have to know how long it's taking them. Gosh I hope its 6 months instead of 2 years.

Please sticky this because we're monitoring the new system for updates please.

Last edited:

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I loaded HDSDR to check how strong it really is. 12db over S9 with Tuner Gain at 17db gain RTL-AGC off. Don't understand why the low 66% health bar in Unitrunker. You know what I am wondering if they are testing the system for break downs and errors.

I have questions about this new system

Are they building 20 new towers?

Do they have all the mobile and portable units in their warehouse ready to be deployed/assigned to units and dispatch?

Do they have the new antennas setup at the comm center on N Shartel built? I literally live in 1/2 mile from it.

I just have to know how long it's taking them. Gosh I hope its 6 months instead of 2 years.

Please sticky this because we're monitoring the new system for updates please.

No, they are reusing some towers and adding additional towers including one at Fire Station 4 to increase coverage

After looking over the documents it seems they are keeping their current portables/mobiles.

UNK

They will be switching PD over to the new system by the first-ish of the year and everyone else including FD should be done by spring of 2019..

I spoke to the guy in charge of this system by email and he advised me everything is going as planned and on time. He states no additional information will be made public.

S

simpilo

I'm happy to hear it'll the the first part of next year. I kind of like the Project 25 and look forward to seeing it work. As far as the dead link, it was a hit on google search. That PDF is very hard to understand. A very complicated system. About the no further information to be public, I wouldn't want any malevolent people knowing to much too to prevent any chance of a preemptive attack or misuse.

S

simpilo

No, they are reusing some towers and adding additional towers including one at Fire Station 4 to increase coverage

After looking over the documents it seems they are keeping their current portables/mobiles.

UNK

They will be switching PD over to the new system by the first-ish of the year and everyone else including FD should be done by spring of 2019..

I spoke to the guy in charge of this system by email and he advised me everything is going as planned and on time. He states no additional information will be made public.

IF I am understanding it correctly Sprint Nextel has 60 days to cease operations effective Oct 31,2018 for commencement of operations. That tells me its very close.

I looked at the FCC ULS Listing for WPYJ310. Looked in the transaction log. Effective October 1 , 2018 Sprint Nextel has 60 days to cease operations on the frequencies assigned for commencement of operations. Quite the big tell all right there how soon it really is.

Scroll way down to the bottom. Those are required special conditions

ULS Application - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked - 0008106863 - OKLAHOMA CITY, CITY OF - Transaction Log

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Moore PD

Does anyone know the status of Moore going to P25? I was down there recently and noticed officers carrying APX series portables (they previously carried XTS radios).

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the status of Moore going to P25? I was down there recently and noticed officers carrying APX series portables (they previously carried XTS radios).

Nope. I have seen them with some for a long while now. My guess is they are just upgrading but I have never asked.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Should start monitoring this system more frequently. Dispatch consoles for the FD should be upgraded/replaced this week.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
During the console/software/hardware installs for the OKCFD that was done early this morning I was able to capture these radio IDs and TGIDs in addition to the ones listed earlier in this thread.

TGID:

Radio ID's

Listening from Moore I-35/19th St using CC of 851.1875 with only a 30% health in Unitrunker with an outdoor 800mhz antenna -_-
Not sure why the RRDB as a primary CC of 852.475Mhz when I have to date never heard any activity on that frequency. I have only had luck with 851.1875Mhz. If it stays that way and assuming all of the repeaters are on expect poor performance from the Moore area!?!?!

Last edited:

nd5y

Talkgroups in the 64xxx range and radio IDs in the 998xxxx range are probably Harris acceptance testing and once they finish with that you will probably never see them again.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
they are actually fairly active talking now. hoping someone else is listening because its either my signal or the scanner sucks terribly on this simulcast system

S

simpilo

Been over a month since I loaded the rtl-sdr dongles and unitrunker until today tuned to the EDACS system and notice OKCFD was using ANALOGUE voice instead of Provoice. Not sure if it a operator error or some new procedural thing. It sure did sound better.

Edit: and to top that off occasionally Springlake dispatch was on Analogue voice.

Keep in mind its 5:23am cdt when I typed this message and listening. Things may change during the day. You may not hear any analogue on PD Provoice TG's later on in the day at all but don't discredit me.

Edit number 2 :) Looks like Dispatch is using Analogue while units using Provoice. The more I listen the more I learn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.