Future of OKC radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

I noticed the links where down too. Now at 1:24pm I loaded Trunk88 and noticed they are back. On the EDACS side I saw Radio Techs TG's active. They seem to be busy making sure the current system stays running until the big switch.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
It appears this system is using CC of 853.8625Mhz now.
25% health according to UniTrunker from Moore with outdoor antenna -_-

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
It appears that PD or possibly the SW division has switched over. I am hearing what sounds like pd traffic on TG 276 on this new system. TG 276 also matches the SW division over on the EDACS system. Not sure if they will be all using the same TG ID's or if this is just testing. If anyone else has time to monitor give it a try and maybe you can hear something I may miss.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Appears FD is also on the system as well. Hearing fire ops on 529. I guess they are using all of the old TGIDs on this new system. I have also noticed in the logs a lot of additional TGIDs being added that match the edacs system.

S

simpilo

It appears they moved back to EDACS Provoice. Southwest Division pretty active today there. Also I am not so sure Unitrunker is using the right band plan because the two talk groups I saw wasn't putting out any audio.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Im guessing they are just testing. According to the schedule posted earlier in this thread its early for an official transition. I reached out to the administrator via email to politely ask if the schedule we all have seen is still on track and he refused to answer any questions. Not sure why they seem so secretive.
I was always told to gain information from the horses mouth; that failed so now all we have is speculation and that is how inaccurate rumors get started.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Were the radio IDs the same on all transmissions when they were being heard on the system? Here in BA they used a patch to put traffic on the P25 system that was originating from the OpenSky system. The P25 system had the same radio ID for all transmissions that were coming over from the OpenSky system until they started adding the radios to P25 and got their own ID on the P25 system.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Were the radio IDs the same on all transmissions when they were being heard on the system? Here in BA they used a patch to put traffic on the P25 system that was originating from the OpenSky system. The P25 system had the same radio ID for all transmissions that were coming over from the OpenSky system until they started adding the radios to P25 and got their own ID on the P25 system.

Honestly didnt even pay attention to that but I will compare ID's next time im home and able to monitor.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Someone on the OKCPD SW Disp channel is showing ID of 1000106 on the new system while at the same time showing 106 on the provice system so I guess this is considered the same and possibly patched?!?

And if my eyes and ears are operating correctly Yukon PD is on the phase two system as well on TGID 341?!?!?

Last edited:

mam1081

Feed Provider
There are a few unit IDs coming up on SW dispatch...including the one you listed earlier. Either the IDs are getting patched, or there are some P25II radios out there....it seems only OCPD radio IDs are getting patched?

Also OCPD bricktown seems to be linked in. I'm guessing Dispatch is simulcast (not linked) (audio comes across both systems at nearly the same time), while the units are on one or the other system (some delay between the systems).

Also, OHP A Metro, OHP A Rural, and OCSO Ch 1 (sounds terrible) are being linked in too. I also heard Yukon, but it seems to be the same radio ID going, so I'm guessing it's just a link for now.

All traffic has been TDMA (phase 2) recently.

yancmo

Hello! I've been trying to monitor the new P25 system a little with my RTL-SDR setup. I had it up and running last night and am seeing traffic popup with Unitrunker BUT i'm not getting any audio. Should I be getting audio?

Sorry for such a rookie question but my mind is boggled a bit.
OKWIN and the EDACS system is working for me so I figured I'd ask before I give up. :)

mam1081

Feed Provider
I haven't monitored on a SDR dongle yet, but it may be due to being a simulcast digital system. Otherwise, I'd make sure you are able to decode P25 phase 2, as that's the digital voice format on the system. I'll have to try it this week and let you know if I have issues too.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I've been trying to monitor the new P25 system a little with my RTL-SDR setup. I had it up and running last night and am seeing traffic popup with Unitrunker BUT i'm not getting any audio. Should I be getting audio?

Sorry for such a rookie question but my mind is boggled a bit.
OKWIN and the EDACS system is working for me so I figured I'd ask before I give up. :)

What are you using to decode the audio? DSD?system should be working. I monitor with Unitrunker, dsd and bcdhp436/536

yancmo

What are you using to decode the audio? DSD?system should be working. I monitor with Unitrunker, dsd and bcdhp436/536
DSD+

I'm not actually getting to the decode point though. My voice channel on UT isn't picking up any "signal" I'm sure its something I'm missing. Although the voice works with OKWIN and any P25 (Chickasaw Nation) pipes to DSD fine.

mam1081

Feed Provider
As of 1/31 all the links to the EDACS system seem to have been disabled. There are a few affiliation and patches still going, but most of the traffic is off now.

S

simpilo

As of 1/31 all the links to the EDACS system seem to have been disabled. There are a few affiliation and patches still going, but most of the traffic is off now.

No. They are still linked on the OKWIN system.

mam1081

Feed Provider
No. They are still linked on the OKWIN system.
Yes - this thread is in regards to the new OKC P25 system, not the OKWIN system. The links from EDACS to OKC P25 system are still mostly offline - it seems they are turned on occasionally on a few talkgroups, but nothing long-term.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like more testing on TG 324, 325, 329.
I did notice a lot of additional TG adds last night from airport fire to pd to public works.

Status
Not open for further replies.