Status
Not open for further replies.

jared2295

Premium Subscriber
I know that all Fort Worth Fire Stations receive different tones before they are dispatched to a call, and I was wondering if there was any way to set up a scanner to only receive the dispatches for one station?

Thanks,
Jared K.
Benbrook, TX
DFW242
KE5VLJ

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I know for a fact that the BC246T or the Pro-97 can't be programmed for what you want, I don't know if the Pro-433 can but I doubt it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I know for a fact that the BC246T or the Pro-97 can't be programmed for what you want, I don't know if the Pro-433 can but I doubt it.
The only scanners that I'm aware of that can be programmed for fire tone out are the Uniden BR330T, BCD396T. BCT15, & BCD996T. The soon to be released BC246XT & BCD396XT will also have fire tone out.

But none of those, including the new models, will work if the tone-out is only done through a trunked radio system, which I think is the case with Fort Worth, or if it's a digital based page, as Dallas Fire Rescue uses. For the tone out to work on these scanners, it must be on a conventional channel. It can't scan the trunked system for tones.

redhelmet13

They are dispatched via a system called Locution, No tones go out on the air. The system goes via a network connection to the station/s

redhelmet13

Additionally, they also broadcast the austomated voice on one of the talk groups formerly it was known as EMS-7. If a unit is out of the station the system knows this and also transmitss the voice dispatch on FD-CH1

Before Locution came about, they were alerted via a system called MOSCAD which tranmitted data signals over the air on a UHF frequency (This was a modified SCADA signal). While reliable it was too slow for the new NFPA standards for fire station alerting. So along comes the current system. Many of the bigger cites now use a computerized station alerting. Aint progress wonderful?

Status
Not open for further replies.