• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G2 and G3 coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

markjrenna

I'm very interested in how vhf is on the external antenna. Thinking of g3 with external antenna vhf. Is it possible to order that way. I'm thinking I'd have to specify that configuration on my order. Hoping dealers update their websites to pick the correct model.

N6ML

I'm very interested in how vhf is on the external antenna. Thinking of g3 with external antenna vhf. Is it possible to order that way. I'm thinking I'd have to specify that configuration on my order. Hoping dealers update their websites to pick the correct model.

Unication G3 Dual Band Analog/P25 Pager - Pre-Order | Rays Pager Sales specifically states UHF external. I don't know if the other configuration is available in the US. Suggest contacting your dealer to ask....

markjrenna

coopermj

Mike
Premium Subscriber
Quick question for a sanity check:

I just created a test profile for a G3 using two UHF frequencies (453 MHz range) and two VHF frequencies (156 MHz range). All analog. I used the G3 model number from a photo an eBay vendor had posted. I set up knob positions for the four frequencies in positions 5-8. In position 1, I created a silent scan list of all the frequencies (uhf & vhf) and the software accepted it. Not having a G3 here, will this work if programmed into a G3? Based on G5 knowledge, we know that two bands can not be monitored at the same time. Would a new G3 owner consider trying this and post a result? If I'm missing the obvious, accept my apologies, but please don't flame me. Thanks.

ed3750

Premium Subscriber
Shouldn't be a problem. I have a G5 with UHF and monitor 800 and UHF frequencies in the same knob position all the time. For example in Los Angeles, I monitor LA Fire (800mhz channels) and LA County Fire (UHF channels) in the same knob positions, and it works fine. Just can't put two trunked systems, or non-trunked channels and a trunked system in the same knob position. I am also setting up my G3 with both UHF and VHF channels in the same knob position. Just can't add anything else to a knob position with a trunk system.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
FYI for all:

Since the G2 is band specific in VHF or UHF, it will always use the external antenna.

The G3 (as a dual band) will use the EXTERNAL antenna for UHF and INTERNAL LOOP antenna for VHF.

I wanted to put this out since some were confused when purchasing the G5. The G5 external is always 7/800 and internal loop is your other band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been confirmed. The external VHF antenna is not available in the US market with the G3. External will be UHF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.