• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 & Harris Patch Handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Premium Subscriber
Anyone had any Harris Patches yet with new firmware?

None here yet.

Jeff

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Yes. It will display the SAID or newly created patch talkgroup. For example, on the Miami Dade P25 system, when the HQ dispatcher tones out a priority call, I’m getting the random 3 digit DEC talkgroup pop up on the G5 (which is not even in my scanlist), while my portable is displaying the HQ talkgroup. So I’m hearing the patch on the patch talkgroup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lexmedic157

Can someone please try and get an individual talkgroup to alert and record through the SAID? I’ve tried everything i know how to do for the last month with no avail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Soooo.......

Well, when the "65XXX" is "patched" with a talkgroup already programmed into the G5, the "65XXX" TG shows up on the display, but not the one programmed. But at least now it will sound off the radio traffic, when before it wouldn't.

interesting to note, even though the audio will come across with the "65XXX" TG, it will not replay, it will only replay your stored TG's, that had traffic showing up on those TG's.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I can confirm what RRR is saying.
Programmed in TG records audio. Patched to that will show the ID patched and not record audio.
Im happy its at least now passing audio. Much improvement.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Confused a former Harris dealer tells me Harris Simulselect is like when a dispatcher wants to put out a BOLO on MULTI talkgroups at the same time? maybe PD disp, SO disp?
it is not as far as I am told patching two TG together?
I dont think they have fixed the harris patched TG issue.

Hope I am wrong and simulselect is patching two TG together.

Simulselect is sort of a "half patch." It allows the dispatcher to broadcast on multiple talkgroups at the same time, but does not pass audio from one talkgroup to another like a true patch.

At the system level, Motorola systems choose one of the selected talkgroups as the "master" (usually the first one selected) while Harris systems create an entirely new talkgroup (typically in the 65xxx range), but in both cases all the "selected" talkgroups use the same voice channel. In both cases this is entirely transparent to the user.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I just got a G5 a couple of weeks ago and am trying to set up 2-tone on the 800 side on a Harris P25 Phase 2 system (Harrisonburg/ Rockingham, VA). With my dealer's help, the 2-tone is alerting (it's been a slow period, but I think it is correct).
However in Selective Call mode, everything is quite until the 2-tone is broadcast (good) or the dispatch TG is simulcasted with a 65xxx TG (bad). The radio opens up every time a 65xxx pops up, so it's difficult to use this as a pager when random traffic keeps coming across.

Are you all seeing the pager as mute until the 65xxx pops up (with the exception of a 2tone activation)?

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
After some experimenting on Rockbridge's VA P25 system last week, I could do 2 things in the Trunking TG scan, if I put the two tone pair on the dispatch TG pager would alert and open, then I set it up to use the dedicated alert TG the pager would only open but not alert and I got the annoying 65### TG But i did not have the random TG pop up and unmute

lexmedic157

It seems as though after the latest update you no longer have to use the 2-tone sub group to get alert and recording to work. Just input the correct paging TG and you’re set. So it appears anyway.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
My G5's still will not record on the "65XXX" TG's. That's usually where dispatching comes from, as multiple stations/units are dispatched on different TG's, and yet only the "65XXX" TG shows.

On comparison, the SDS100 will show a station TG while the G5's show the "65XXX" TG.

And quite aggravating to listen to them both together (G5 and SDS100) as with the new firmware, there is about a 2 or 3 second delay from the G5 now....

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
My G5's still will not record on the "65XXX" TG's. That's usually where dispatching comes from, as multiple stations/units are dispatched on different TG's, and yet only the "65XXX" TG shows.

On comparison, the SDS100 will show a station TG while the G5's show the "65XXX" TG.

And quite aggravating to listen to them both together (G5 and SDS100) as with the new firmware, there is about a 2 or 3 second delay from the G5 now....

Harris system? My G5 is showing the 65000 TG’s as the assigned TG as you would expect since the latest firmware.

You may try to disable the voice buffering to “fix” the delay. Mine had the same thing, but I haven’t changed any settings in it.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Disabled buffering as soon as I noticed it, no change.

And it's odd that the SDS100 will show the appropriate Talkgroup (As in, it will show the programmed station's TG) as opposed to the "65XXX" Tg as the G5 displays, when patched groups are used.

...So it can be done.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
When we went from ProVoice to P25, my 436 went from random TG’s to the correct talkgroups when patched or multi casted- whatever Harris’s term is. With the previous firmware my G5 displayed 65xxx, however. When I went to 1.2, it displays correct now and I don’t see the 65000 id’s anymore. ???

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I guess I should mention it is a Harris P2 (trunked) system

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Thanks to Todd for his info on the Rockingham system, helped a lot. Still a few issues with version 1.2 and Rockbridges P25 Harris System. 2 tone alerts about 20% percent of the time. They use a separate talk group patched to the dispatch talk group for alerting for each station. You can hear voice traffic on the alert group as long as alternative is enabled, just no alert tone. I did use Lexmedics plan and it worked, but that does not allow you to use the binding function so the other non alert channels are not silent until 2 tone pair is received. More experimentation next visit !

lexmedic157

I’m not entirely sure what you mean about the binding feature. With all of it disabled, I have one channel that only has alert TG’s and it alerts and records no other audio except that specific dept. I have another that listens to all f/r operational TG’s but also adds the page TG’s in priority for users to hear general traffic but then get their pages.

I will also note that I generally do not see the 65xxx SAID number anymore after the latest firmware PPS update.

XTS3000

Harris plays a dirty game!! They will update remotely their infrastructure during the night, preventing Motorola radios from working. This is the reason Motorola had to frantically update their Astro25 firmware so Motorola radios would work on Harris systems.

A local system around here months ago, only Harris radios worked, yet the day before Motorola radios worked fine on their system. Moto firmware R20.50.10 was released because of Harris playing dirty games which prevented Motorola radios from working on their system.

So if your listening to a Harris P25 system and it goes silent, it’s not your scanners or police radios, it’s them playing dirty and not adhering to the official P25 standard.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Harris plays a dirty game!! They will update remotely their infrastructure during the night, preventing Motorola radios from working. This is the reason Motorola had to frantically update their Astro25 firmware so Motorola radios would work on Harris systems.

A local system around here months ago, only Harris radios worked, yet the day before Motorola radios worked fine on their system. Moto firmware R20.50.10 was released because of Harris playing dirty games which prevented Motorola radios from working on their system.

So if your listening to a Harris P25 system and it goes silent, it’s not your scanners or police radios, it’s them playing dirty and not adhering to the official P25 standard.
Really not good in a public safety environment. People could die.

Status
Not open for further replies.