• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 paging on p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Was wondering if something different/specific has to be done on the console to actually activate the pager with the tones over the p25 TG, and how to program the knob to do it. My current programming for my FD has knob one programmed with only our FD TGs, if I wanted to program a knob with only the dispatch TG with our 2tone dispatch tones where do they got
We are currently dispatched on VHF, everything else in done on the new system, but the tones are broadcast over the p25 dispatch TG.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdsxfire

EDBM
Take a look at David's video on paging setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SXdjkRFKHU

FYI - in my area, they page over conventional VHF (which works fine on the G5) and it is patched to a P25 talkgroup - in my situation, the G5 2-tone alerting does not work over P25.

Ok so the same tones that come over vhf will not work patched into the p25 TG

troymail

Silent Key
Ok so the same tones that come over vhf will not work patched into the p25 TG

I won't say it won't work in all cases - just wouldn't work in my situation.

If the tones sounds clear (pure) on VHF but don't sound the same over P25, it may not work.

Pure tones over P25 probably work just fine.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Not all tones will work. Somewhere there is a list of approved p25 tones. I believe it has to do with looser tolerances due to the vocoder no exactly replicating them.

And then reliability probably also depends on how the system is built. A console mult-select will probably work better vs a audio gateway somewhere.

djewel6

I know in VA Pittsylvania County's Broadcastify feed of their trunk P25 system has a bad habit of cutting off the A tone sometimes for a few departments (primarily Sq 12 Chatham Rescue is the biggest victim). My advice would be to stick to the VHF paging so you aren't missing calls for your department.. Theres a reason why FTO on Unidens is still traditionally programmed

mdsxfire

EDBM
I know in VA Pittsylvania County's Broadcastify feed of their trunk P25 system has a bad habit of cutting off the A tone sometimes for a few departments (primarily Sq 12 Chatham Rescue is the biggest victim). My advice would be to stick to the VHF paging so you aren't missing calls for your department.. Theres a reason why FTO on Unidens is still traditionally programmed

I carry my G5 around most of the time now, if I am out somewhere I don’t want a lot of noise I leave it on knob 1 which is only my FD TGs and leave it up enough to hear our tones, we lost our secondary tone that sounded like a spaceship when we switched over to the Harris system so now it just puts the tones out twice back to back.
My point with this was I have heard a few times a part of one of the tones be cut off or dropped, my g5 doesn’t have the tones programmed in to alert so I don’t know if it affect last the ability for the pager to alert consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.