• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 two tone programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh603

I just received my G5 Unication Voice pager. I can not seem to get the pager to trip on a two tone page. I can listen to our Fire Department, but when our station gets a two tone page, my G5 does not trip? I have called unication tech support, all i get is a recorded message- i leave a message- and i never get a phone call back? I have emailed david@unication.com and receive no replies? So i am here asking for some Fire help! Can i send my pps file to someone who can look at it and tell me where i went wrong? My FD is on VHF, Our Ambulance service is on 800mhz. I need both checked out. Email me if you are willing to help. I will send you my exported pps file to look at.

Thank You

hawkredtail@protonmail.com

HRN

Premium Subscriber
I just received my G5 Unication Voice pager. I can not seem to get the pager to trip on a two tone page. I can listen to our Fire Department, but when our station gets a two tone page, my G5 does not trip? I have called unication tech support, all i get is a recorded message- i leave a message- and i never get a phone call back? I have emailed david@unication.com and receive no replies? So i am here asking for some Fire help! Can i send my pps file to someone who can look at it and tell me where i went wrong? My FD is on VHF, Our Ambulance service is on 800mhz. I need both checked out. Email me if you are willing to help. I will send you my exported pps file to look at.

Thank You

Who is your dealer? They are your first contact and should be able to help you out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
David is a pretty busy guy and often travels. So he may not be able to help at a moments notice. You dont mention how long ago it was you emailed him or called.
As HRN mentioned, if this is for a department and/or department issued support should come from them.
If you purchased out right again that dealer should help.
Then forums and manufacturers come next.

Do you have the correct tone info?
Are tones sent on VHF only? 800 only, both?
Theres a lot of info missing that we need to try to help you.

troymail

Silent Key

Thank You

I was never able to get 2-tone over P25 working on the system in my area... I have been using conventional 2-tone however.

The conventional 2-tone is pretty straight forward - from what I recall, 2-tone over P25 is much more complicated to set up....

David posted some info on 2-tone setup back in September -- look starting here.

kmh603

VHF Hi is analog frequency 151 MHz and the 800 MHz is P25 Phase 1 trunking. I will check out troymail post.

Thank You

troymail

Silent Key
VHF Hi is analog frequency 151 MHz and the 800 MHz is P25 Phase 1 trunking. I will check out troymail post.

Thank You

The 2-tone over P25 info is in this post... I can't help much more with that as it didn't work for me (even though I'm told it was configured properly at the time).

I do have "regular" 2-tone working - was pretty easy. If you are still having issues, I can take a look at your config ....

kmh603

Just for information on those following this thread. Troymail was able to fix everything! He even built me a new load with talkgroups and Frequencies. Also Thanks to everyone who emailed me and helped with all boxes and settings. There was tons of things I did not check or add to the menus.

My G5 is at least receiving two tones on the Fire Channel and all the other options Troymail added

THANK YOU :>)

Hawkredtail

Status
Not open for further replies.