Galaxy phone glass repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Out where I live Office depot has these banners up Stating they fix cell phone screens.
I have a Samsung note 2 with a only broken glass ( I even purchased the repair kit and new glass) but never had the courage to fix it my self. Anyone know what I might pay, even being able to supply the new OEM glass?

Couldn't find a place for this topic i hope i posted it in its place.

I payed a lot of money for the phone and would love to at least use it as a smaller tablet or backup prepaid phone

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I think last time I did this (maybe 7 years ago on an iPad) I tried it myself but it's difficult if you haven't done it before.
So, I took it to a local shop that did it.
Not impressed. They did an OK job, but afterwards the power switch didn't work.

The adhesive used to hold the glass in place usually requires heating to release it. Too much heat and you can damage things, not enough heat and you just burn your fingers. Trying to get all the glass shards out of the screaming hot adhesive wasn't fun. I can think of better things to do with my time.

If I was in your shoes, I'd pay someone to do it. I think I paid $40 or so, but that was a few years ago, and that was for an iPad.

Lots of tutorials on how to do it on line if you decide to give it a try.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I think last time I did this (maybe 7 years ago on an iPad) I tried it myself but it's difficult if you haven't done it before.
So, I took it to a local shop that did it.
Not impressed. They did an OK job, but afterwards the power switch didn't work.

The adhesive used to hold the glass in place usually requires heating to release it. Too much heat and you can damage things, not enough heat and you just burn your fingers. Trying to get all the glass shards out of the screaming hot adhesive wasn't fun. I can think of better things to do with my time.

If I was in your shoes, I'd pay someone to do it. I think I paid $40 or so, but that was a few years ago, and that was for an iPad.

Lots of tutorials on how to do it on line if you decide to give it a try.

about 3 years ago i called some shop and they wanted $250 plus to use the kit i bought so i never pursued getting it fixed. its now 3 years later i recently moved unboxed the phone and want to use the damn thing especially after I payed $700 for the phone and it has android 5 on it. I think i will call around tmrw again and see what kind of price I can get for the repair. dont want to try to do it my self because the digitizer alone is $150 and that is in perfect condition.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
My brother in law just put a piece of packing tape over his screen. Crude, but cheap.
Did that! Chuckle. Atleast it keeps from scratching up my thumbs. My son loves to play little games on my new phone slither.IO
I'm thinking I'll get the other phone fixed and he can have a go at it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yeah, my son "happened" to my wife's iPad. At about 3 or 4 years old he dropped it and broke the glass. He's 11 now, and I think we are on iPad #3.
We've given him our old deactivated phones to use, but he really prefers the iPad.

Add to the list 2 42" LCD tv's. He's bi-polar and before we got his medications right he managed to throw the remote at the TV and break the screen. Twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.