Gameday 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Whaddya know? It's different this year!

Unless Unitrunker is broken, there is only one patch! Even the old Fire DC <-> Fire 1 and PD DIspatch to PD R&I are gone. Nothing showing up for OUPD or OHP, either. Like I said, different.

SMA 1I - Gameday Command Post - security, I think.
SMA 1J - EMS Operations - very busy (apparently it is hot and no one brought water)
SMA 1K - EMSSTAT to Hospital - patched to 55120

1L, 1M, 1N are showing up in Unitrunker, but I haven't copied what they are used for. 154.800 is patched to one of these, but not certain which.

On the EMS channel you'll hear stretcher teams, bikes, and carts in addition to the usual EMSSTAT ambulances (10 and up) and supervisors (91-93, 100). I think, but don't know for certain, that the single-digit EMSSTAT unit numbers are individual members of the service.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Ah, man. I collected Unitrunker data most of the day then cleared all the counters around kickoff. And then the control channel changed (hasn't done that in a LONG time) and I didn't notice! No data between 1838 and 2222. Boooo.

Only patches today were SMA 1K to the EMSSTAT analog medical control channel and, occasionally OHP Troop A Rural 1 to Metro 1.

Pretty much the same as last week only fewer heat emergencies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
In Tulsa I heard SMA 1I on the 7th. I think its safe to assume its the game day command post.
I didn't hear SMA 1K in Tulsa though.

The choices they make are interesting. Just as there are 16 SMAs, there are 16 RMA for Central OK - why not use them?

<shrug>

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Maybe since its OU and its a major event and state police are involved even though its a private school, they want to use state-level channels!

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Maybe since its OU and its a major event and state police are involved even though its a private school, they want to use state-level channels!

Let me assure you that it's not a private school (google up the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education).

As for OHP, yes, they are here and there are often many other agencies represented. I assume these are the equivalent of what would be called a "paid detail" in the northeast (time and a half, paid by OU).

But don't the troopers have the RMAs in their radios? I would think at least the Troop A folks would. Maybe not?

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
As for OHP, yes, they are here and there are often many other agencies represented.
I don't know about outside the stadium, but inside this is true. I see all kinds of different patches on the shoulders of officers from all over working the game. I've always wondered how they communicate with each other. I would assume the stadium authority gives them the same radios to use, in addition to their own. Not sure how that works.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about outside the stadium, but inside this is true. I see all kinds of different patches on the shoulders of officers from all over working the game. I've always wondered how they communicate with each other. I would assume the stadium authority gives them the same radios to use, in addition to their own. Not sure how that works.

There is a bridge from 154.800 to SMA 1I. If they are doing that, I bet it's old VHF portables.

Same again today, BTW, with the only patch being SAM 1K to the EMSSTAT analog channel to the NRHS Porter Campus Emergency Dept.

Well, and Troop A Rural 1 to Rural 2 but that comes and goes regardless of game days.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
There was a game. A special trainload of some kind of religious frog people were brought to Norman. However, I did not listen. Anything new on OKWIN?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
2013-10-26

No patches again this week. SMAs 1I, 1M, and 1J in use (and that's in order of activity).

One new talkgroup, 21488, showing up on Unitrunker. A fair bit of traffic on it. Not in the DB. I'll add it to the scan list in the 996XT and see if I can ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.