Garland County/Hot Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

GCSO has made the switch over to full time AWIN. They are using the TGID 21601 SO/OEM for all GCSO main traffic now. Fire and EMS hasn't switched over yet.

Actually, I heard some traffic last night during the storms on 155.445. Other than that, the frequency has been dead.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
So, main dispatch on 21601 is unencrypted (for now), good. You mentioned other talk groups, tac and CID... what are those talk groups?
Not sure on those talkgroups as I am having to do a wildcard search for them. 21601 is totally unencrypted with no plans for encryption.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ad5kl

Are the Blue Mountain & Pearcy Mountain sites live full-time now, along with Blowout on 700 Mhz? Seems like my reception has improved on the back side of the Village. Normally, we have a ridge between us & the Blowout site. Not sure if that's because 700 has better punch-thru or if Blue Mountain is filling it in. They all will be known as Garland County Simulcast sites with same frequencies.

I was looking at the new Hot Springs Simulcast license & the 3 sites will be: one on a ridge along Fox Pass, one atop the old Rehab building and one on the cell tower near Rod's Pizza. They should have a lot better coverage once they go live next year.

I agree with other posters, as long as dispatch is in the clear for PD & SO I'm happy. CID & SWAT need to be encrypted. Hope the VFD's remain clear. I'll add those TG's you mentioned for them in my FreeScan.

ad5kl

Good, I thought so. Was picking up Garland County Simulcast on the way to Benton on Hwy 5. Probably the new Jessieville site. Thanks for the info.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
New Garland Co. TGs 18468 is Lake Hamilton FD, 18472 is Jessieville, and 21601 is now GAR Multi. The Alpha Tag for 18451 is actually GAR SO DISP

st76335

So I haven't been able to pick up GCSO at all. Originally I was able to pick up their new AWIN channel but it has since gone silent. I'm using a BCD325P2. Is anyone else having the same issue?

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
GCSO has been coming in good for me on the Gar SO Dispatch talkgroup the ID is 18451 I get them on the simulcast and Jack Mountain Sites

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
So I haven't been able to pick up GCSO at all. Originally I was able to pick up their new AWIN channel but it has since gone silent. I'm using a BCD325P2. Is anyone else having the same issue?
When this start I was hearing them today using a Pro 651 and my WS1098

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Anything from the New 700 MHz Hot Springs Simulcast yet? Really hoping its alive so I can get it built in the DB.

ad5kl

I pass all 3 sites on my way to work, but I haven't heard anything yet. I only have a Phase I scanner. I just noticed the city will be using Phase II.

Status
Not open for further replies.