Garland County/Hot Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
City is Phase II capable system will be in dual dynamic mode until AWIN is completed its upgrades to Phase II.

wbswetnam

City is Phase II capable system will be in dual dynamic mode until AWIN is completed its upgrades to Phase II.

So, this means that HSPD will be AWIN phase 1 until the eventual phase II upgrade is complete, right? I attend an education conference in Hot Springs every year in November. Perhaps by then HSPD will have fully transitioned to AWIN.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
No, HSPD, HSFD, HS DPW and Transit are all going to be on the City system, but HSPD and FD can use the AWIN too, and GC agencies will be able to use the City system for interop. The system will be in DDM as currently all AWIN users are still Phase I. AWIN will start in DDM as conversion occurs. Once AWIN conversion is done then both it and the HSTRS will be exclusive TDMA. With the GulfWIN as the exception as LWIN is not going to Phase II in the near future and thus there needs to be FDMA use on the ISSI links.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
So, this means that HSPD will be AWIN phase 1 until the eventual phase II upgrade is complete, right? I attend an education conference in Hot Springs every year in November. Perhaps by then HSPD will have fully transitioned to AWIN.

Shorter answer, they’re doing their own system.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
That’s good to hear. I was wondering if they were going to use P1 in the meantime like the AWIN system is currently doing.
The system will be Dual Dynamic Mode to begin with so yes in a manner of speaking, they are.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
I didn't hear anything on the new system yesterday, from any of the 3 sites. I still heard them on the old 800 analog system.

wbswetnam

HSPD and HSFD will not transition to AWIN for a while yet, from what I understand. Garland County SO is on AWIN now, though.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
HSPD & HSFD will have their own 700 mhz simulcast system with its own 3 sites. It is totally independent of the AWIN system.

But those agencies will be able to interop with AWIN if needed, from what I understand.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
All Garland FD's are on, SO is on, HSV and the rest will be coming on, Hot Springs will not be AWIN at first until all the kinks are worked out and AWIN gets its upgrades in. Hot Springs will be on its own system, and yes this includes PD, FD, DPW, Transit etc. As the AWIN transition is going to take a couple of years from what I am told... Hot Springs will not be making any switch for at least 3 to 4 taking all that in. Last I heard the hold up was some backhaul gear, and FD still had some issues. From what I was told then, PD was pretty much ready.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
Thx for the info, I didn't know HSV was going on AWIN. It's going to be interesting with all these hills. Gonna be tricky up here even with the new Garland County simulcast.

zenomorf

All you folks in the area start checking at least once a day for the 700 MHz CCs for the new AWIN Simulcast, and Hot Springs TRS..
All you folks in the area start checking at least once a day for the 700 MHz CCs for the new AWIN Simulcast, and Hot Springs TRS.
both systems are working great,i drove to hotsprings and tested them. AWIN is now phase2 but is used mostly in phase1.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
AWIN is NOT Phase II yet, as that announcement will be made well before transition to Phase II to ALL AWIN subscribers. There is TDMA data being tested on many sites, but as of yet no TDMA voice in use on AWIN. Running an TRS in conventional mode is going backwards as you can not get the data you need to identify anything. Also, you can NOT get an TRS SysID, WACN, NAC, Site ID TG's etc in conventional scanning. You must be able to trunk track the system. And you can not run an P25 TRS like an conventional freq on an Unication Pager Device.

zenomorf

AWIN is NOT Phase II yet, as that announcement will be made well before transition to Phase II to ALL AWIN subscribers. There is TDMA data being tested on many sites, but as of yet no TDMA voice in use on AWIN. Running an TRS in conventional mode is going backwards as you can not get the data you need to identify anything. Also, you can NOT get an TRS SysID, WACN, NAC, Site ID TG's etc in conventional scanning. You must be able to trunk track the system. And you can not run an P25 TRS like an conventional freq on an Unication Pager Device.
i have not tried to run AWIN in phase2 but i have the scanners for it.you cant test it ,your too far away. everything else you said is true. i live in arkansas. thanks for sharing please update me, i will you.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
i have not tried to run AWIN in phase2 but i have the scanners for it.you cant test it ,your too far away. everything else you said is true. i live in arkansas. thanks for sharing please update me, i will you.

What did you mean here? As a db admin he has insider info from those involved with the system themselves. If you're implying that he doesn't know what he's talking about you need to check yourself before making claims. He's correct.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I used to live there, and have family there still. I try to visit at least once a year for a week. In fact I was the one providing the Hot Springs, Garland County, and local AWIN feed for the time I lived there. My sister runs one of my PRO-96's there, but now I will have to get her a newer scanner this year that can do 700.... Cause now, there is not a whole lot left that I programmed in it that is still valid LOL. EMS, 2 or 3 local PD's, and FD's that are not AWIN yet, and whats left of surrounding areas not DMR.

I do have to ask, are the FD's still Tone Out on VHF? Or have they completely gone to AWIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.