GATRRS (West Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5PL

Keep in mind that Val Verde is contiguous to the PBRPC at Terrell County, that was the thought process. If, on the offhand chance that channel loading becomes an issue, we will review.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
So does anyone know who all will be on the West Texas GATRRS system as of yet? So Midland SO (ENC) on it and 3625 which I believe is the Val Verde KE5PL mentioned. And does anyone have an ALL INCLUSIVE TGID spreadsheet for the system by a snowball chance in hell request.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
So does anyone know who all will be on the West Texas GATRRS system as of yet? So Midland SO (ENC) on it and 3625 which I believe is the Val Verde KE5PL mentioned. And does anyone have an ALL INCLUSIVE TGID spreadsheet for the system by a snowball chance in hell request.

I'd be willing to bet several people in this very thread have a list, but I highly doubt they will share it.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
It’s not like one cannot get the tg hits off the control channel. Just want a name with them. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KE5PL

It’s not like one cannot get the tg hits off the control channel. Just want a name with them. Haha.

When you see one, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Hearing Maverick County (Eagle Pass) and Val Verde (Del Rio) on Site 90 now. Folks haven't budgeted to have codeplugs rewritten and the added windshield time to go do it.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
When you see one, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Hearing Maverick County (Eagle Pass) and Val Verde (Del Rio) on Site 90 now. Folks haven't budgeted to have codeplugs rewritten and the added windshield time to go do it.

Will do. I heard maverick county also last night. A few sound like txdot programming in a 50XXX group. Trying to capture logins and figure out what is enc and not, and worth putting into an apx8500 the tricky way. That part still figuring out, assuming the band plan broadcasted is correct. Kinda how you Id the midland so group.

That midland vhf site also reported a link was down. Don’t recall which one it was. Maybe why Val verde got simulcast? Idk how all that works.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
The site that says failed, connected is 89. THat does not show in the database so no idea what/where that is Control is supposed to be 152.5175. Maybe another site coming up?

Figured out my prob too on the APX. Left line item off the bandplan. About to fix that

Ensnared

I programmed the sites near Midland. I thought I would pick something up in Big Spring using a mobile antenna. Nope.

KE5PL

The site that says failed, connected is 89. THat does not show in the database so no idea what/where that is Control is supposed to be 152.5175. Maybe another site coming up?

Figured out my prob too on the APX. Left line item off the bandplan. About to fix that

KE5PL

The link to Big Spring is down, and the link to Andrews has degraded. Guessing those high winds have reoriented some link antennas. I believe the sites have been posted on RR. Prolly under GATRRS. Still no movement on the Odessa 700 and Orla sites.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Don’t know if same, but guy I know I’m Andrews now and sees a tower that fell down

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
La Salle County began simulcast looks like on the Midland VHF site

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I the database. Says it is so. They are running checks and dispatching on it.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
SO or fire? Seems crazy but could be testing a distant agency or just a deputy picking up a warrant arrest in the area to take back to Cotulla.

That possible maybe too. A unit in this area logged in to that site

KE5PL

That possible maybe too. A unit in this area logged in to that site

Just someone up here channel surfing.
SO or fire? Seems crazy but could be testing a distant agency or just a deputy picking up a warrant arrest in the area to take back to Cotulla.
I heard a rumor that GATRRS VHF Trunking May be coming to Kendall County. With emphasis on “rumor”.
SO or fire? Seems crazy but could be testing a distant agency or just a deputy picking up a warrant arrest in the area to take back

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Just someone up here channel surfing.

I heard a rumor that GATRRS VHF Trunking May be coming to Kendall County. With emphasis on “rumor”.

I have no knowledge other than what I glean from reading, but it seems that the AACOG’s goal is for the whole area is to add trunk sites (VHF preferably) to the “DPS Core” which seems to be the GATRRS for all the counties, which would fill in the gap between Austin area counties and the Middle Rio Grande. I could see it happening. The LCRA system in mostly 700 MHz and there are a lot of areas in Kendall County that have bad reception. Then again, I can pick up the Bergheim site from Bandera pretty routinely. I think the LCRA does an awesome job with the system, and the Comfort site took care of a lot of issues up that way, but maybe VHF is a better option for this hilly terrain in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.