General BCT15X Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeRich

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks. I bought a BCT15X and I'm having a horrible time trying to figure it out. I'm an amateur radio operator and software developer, so I'm not new to this type of stuff. Far from it. The problem stems from the fact that the manual for this unit is horrible. Online information that I have reviewed doesn't make it any easier.

Let me present what I have done so far.

- I have it talking to Freescan on my computer. That isn't a problem from what I see.

- I've created 3 systems called G20, Police, and Emerg. Quick Keys for those are 0, 1, and 2. Startup Keys are 0, 1, and 2 for them, accordingly.

- In each of those systems I have 4 groups, each assigned as 1, 2, 3, 4.

- each group has frequencies with PL tones, etc. They have been sent to the unit, and be found by using the menu/program system/.

- Qck Save Cnv Sys is in there too as a system, however it is locked out and empty. It's Quick Key is 99.

So when I start up the unit, it goes to "Alabama" and starts scanning (SCAN). Display has S0:1*------* showing, with PL down below for police.

What I want to do is run through these 3 systems and run through the groups that are not locked out. I don't live in Alabama, I live in Ontario, which is set in all of the State assignments.

Can anybody shed some light as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

kilowa22

The BCT15X has built in preprogrammed services:
PL = Police Local
DT = Dept of Transportation
Press the POL key numerous times to turn them on and off.
HP = State Highway Patrol
BT = Bear Tracker
Press the HP key numerous times to turn them on and off.

To select your State press the Func then depress the VOL knob
and select your state or province.

BeeRich

Premium Subscriber
Ah hey guys thanks for the information. Might I ask how you deleted all the startup states? The systems that show up are the ones I have programmed and Qck Save Cnv Sys, which I want to keep.

I might have more questions. I will review some more.

Thanks again.

kilowa22

Hi You can't delete the frequencies for the states. As long as you don't turn on PL, DT, HP or BT they will not be scanned. Ontario doesn't have any frequencies for PL, DT, HP or BT so as long as you leave your State as Ontario if you turn on PL, DT, HP or BT it will have no effect and not scan any additional frequencies or systems.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I think Earwave might have confused things a bit with his reference to deleting systems. BCD996XT is a different model that does not have the BearTracker feature, so that part of his reply doesn't apply to the BCT15X.

Earwave

I actually deleted all the states,loaded them back in(hold down 2,9 and hold,then power scanner up.they are stored in the scanner),then deleted them a second time.
Didnt know if your model could do that or not...was just a suggestion for you to get rid of Alabama,or any other states that you dont need.
It was done by downloading scanner into freescan.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You cannot do that on the BCT15X. The preprogrammed systems are for the BearTracker feature (which the BCD996XT doesn't have) and cannot be deleted, just turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.