• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

general scanner forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone should be checking on new feeds to see if they are playing by the rules. example new feed in pasco county fl. compared live listening to feed . two ops were going down one on tac 4 an one on tac 1 both UC ops were broadcast live on RR. i tried to contac broadcaster but go no response.

Last edited by a moderator:

W8RMH

Premium Subscriber
Grove City, Ohio (A Bearcat not a Buckeye)
With close to 6,000 feeds it would be impossible for a handful of volunteer admins to monitor every feed for TOS compliance. Some feed providers think they can get approved for a feed then later stream whatever they want.

In my opinion I believe that each member here has a responsibility to keep the hobby honest and maintain our integrity by monitoring their local feeds for any discrepancies or TOS violations. I have observed quite a few both locally and nationwide by just watching the alerts and reading the forums.

TOS violations can be reported at this link: https://broadcastify.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Status
Not open for further replies.