General Scanning in the Trinity West Parking Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

colliers_628

when i get bored at work, i'll get my scanner out and start scanning through frewuencies, just for something to do to pass time by. i pick up alot of teh 400 MHz public safety traffic out of allegheny co, but in addition to that are some frequencies i believe are used down here and i would like to know if anyone has any notes or insight on who may be operating on these frequencies.

453.550- may be out of pittsburgh area, not sure
461.825-
454.050- various business's
454.450- various business's
464.700-
151.065- may be a bleedover from another frequency
464.400- some type of medical transport or medical taxi (talks about pick ups) Van10, Van 14
151.040-
154.995-

now i've checked the database, but i may have overlooked someone

ive also programmed all the MARCS frequencies in for belmont jefferson, columbiana, carroll, and harrison co with all the known talkgroups posted, never really heard anything, keeps locking on the control frequencies and even id's but no traffic, am i doin something wrong?? i am using a PRO-433 and pick up Jeffeson, Belmont, and Wheeling TRS systems fine. i also plugged in the Ohio co 400 MHz system but done pick up anything. i've programmed those two system's in 4 times and double checked the programming and everything is where its suppose to be, anydoby got any insight or pointers on that issue? Im pretty sure the PRO-433 will scan those systems, it said that PRO-433 couldnt do the rebanded systems, and it does, so im stumped.

thanks, for any help

brent

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Brent,

453.55 - pittsburgh freq - check allegheny DB for exact
454.05 - LCN2 of Lauttamus Chester area LTR - Lauttamus Communications - Chester Trunking System, Chester, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies
454.45 - LCN1 of Lauttamus Weirton area LTR - Lauttamus Communications - Weirton Trunking System, Weirton, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies
151.065 - (bleedover from 151.07 Jefferson Co Engineer/Road Crews
151.040 - (Harrison Co Engineer / Harrison Hills School District buses) - repeater
151.040 - also the input for the Brooke Co SO repeater
154.995 - Allegheny Co East Zone PD Dispatch
464.400 - Steel Valley Ambulance out of Pittsburgh area
464.700 - could be Marshall Co Schools

Ohio MARCS is a digital system; your scanner is an analog scanner. You can't monitor MARCS with the PRO-433. You also cannot monitor the Ohio Co P25 system or the law enforcement side of the Belmont Co system (since both are digital). On the Belmont system you can only listen to analog (non law enforcement).

On the Belmont system you could not track it 100% with a nonrebandable scanner either.

Mike

when i get bored at work, i'll get my scanner out and start scanning through frewuencies, just for something to do to pass time by. i pick up alot of teh 400 MHz public safety traffic out of allegheny co, but in addition to that are some frequencies i believe are used down here and i would like to know if anyone has any notes or insight on who may be operating on these frequencies.

453.550- may be out of pittsburgh area, not sure
461.825-
454.050- various business's
454.450- various business's
464.700-
151.065- may be a bleedover from another frequency
464.400- some type of medical transport or medical taxi (talks about pick ups) Van10, Van 14
151.040-
154.995-

now i've checked the database, but i may have overlooked someone

ive also programmed all the MARCS frequencies in for belmont jefferson, columbiana, carroll, and harrison co with all the known talkgroups posted, never really heard anything, keeps locking on the control frequencies and even id's but no traffic, am i doin something wrong?? i am using a PRO-433 and pick up Jeffeson, Belmont, and Wheeling TRS systems fine. i also plugged in the Ohio co 400 MHz system but done pick up anything. i've programmed those two system's in 4 times and double checked the programming and everything is where its suppose to be, anydoby got any insight or pointers on that issue? Im pretty sure the PRO-433 will scan those systems, it said that PRO-433 couldnt do the rebanded systems, and it does, so im stumped.

thanks, for any help

brent

colliers_628

thanks mike,

knew i could count on you to chim in. I dont know about the 464.400, i dont think steel valley ems radios are that strong you can hear em all the way down here, but its the only good lead to go on. i was leaning to Agape Transportation or something

brent

colliers_628

hey mike i found a site dont really know how up to date it is but, that 464.400 frequency is also suppose to be licences to Walsh construction and Laidlaw Transit. But the traffic i monitored was some type of transport system, i heard the call signs for Van 10, Van 14 and enroute to pickup for dialysis.

heres the link to the site in case your interested....
Tri-State Area Scanner Frequencies

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
hey mike i found a site dont really know how up to date it is but, that 464.400 frequency is also suppose to be licences to Walsh construction and Laidlaw Transit. But the traffic i monitored was some type of transport system, i heard the call signs for Van 10, Van 14 and enroute to pickup for dialysis.

heres the link to the site in case your interested....
Tri-State Area Scanner Frequencies

I'm pretty sure you're hearing an ambo service out of PGH. I hear them often on there. And out at the mall is a great location to pick up towards Pittsburgh.

Of course I'm sure there are other agencies using it too. What PL are you getting? If it's 114.8 I think its Steel Valley Ambulance. Over Christmas I picked that one up and felt I nailed it down to being Steel Valley based uupon the communications I heard.

I'll put it in my general scanlist and keep an ear peeled for anything other than what I'm used ot hearing.

Mike

colliers_628

ummm mike the PRO-433 dont do the PL thing, matter of fact the two scanners i own the PRO433 and PRO2053 dont do the PL thing

sorry

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
464.400 is a Cadiz business repeater as well. A few entities are on it including EMT Ambulance, Harrison Co Rural Transit,etc.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.