Genesee County Medical Control Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
i just looked on the MPSCS page and it lists 12 new talkgroups for Genesee County Medical Control Authority. anyone got any idea why they would need 12 talkgroups and who will use them and for what purpose?

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
My guess is that they would go to the companies that are awarded the county EMS contract, if it ever goes through.

Probably 6 TGs per company, if they stick to the plan of cutting the county in half and having two companies.

tekkid

i just looked on the MPSCS page and it lists 12 new talkgroups for Genesee County Medical Control Authority. anyone got any idea why they would need 12 talkgroups and who will use them and for what purpose?

The 12 talkgroups are for private ambulance companies to communicate with local hospitals and amongst others if needed. Most companies just have one portable 800 mhz radio to call local hospital with incoming patient information. I'm pretty sure regional ems and patriot amblanc have mobile radios in their rigs, but im not 100% sure. any other questions let me know. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.