Georgia, need help verifying frequencies, Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Georgia Residence
I'm going through the state doing some cleanup. Mainly correcting spelling, removing duplications, updating airports, putting business in the correct category, fixing services tags, etc. You get the idea.

One of the major issues I came across is duplicate frequencies in the rural counties. Many of these counties are using the same frequency for everything, (SO, PD, etc). What I need to know is, who is the primary user/owner of this frequency? They way they are used, it almost looks like a County Local Law Channel. Many of these counties are primarily enforced by the sheriffs office but a few have small town PD's. My Guess is the SO handles the primary dispatch.

Please look at the list and go to the county page and help make the corrections. Duplications are allowed if each one of the agencies are using separate tones (CTCSS/DCS) so if you know them, please provide that information.

Thanks for the help. More to come in a day or two.

Attachments

• List.jpg
    List.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 314

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Dan,

I recognize many of them as the MRD (mobile rural dispatch?) frequencies from years (and decades) ago. It was a shared dispatch/tactical channel used by LEA across the county or counties, as you suggested.

Thomas County's 155.010 is not in use as an MRD channel and is now used solely by Colquitt County Sheriff (PL 179.9).

gadgetman10

Premium Subscriber
Stewart County Sheriff, Lumpkin and Richland Police use the following as their primary frequency:

156.15750 WQEW585 RM 271 DPL SCSO SCPD Sheriff/Police FMN Law Dispatch

EMS and Fire use:

154.37000 WPWP657 RM SCFD Disp Fire Dispatch FM Fire Dispatch

155.19000 hasn't been used for dispatch in several years. Utilities used to use it for com but haven't heard them on it for a while.

FYI: Georgia State Patrol use the following in the county:

154.68000 KA5323 BM CSQ GSP 1 Disp Ch 1 Statewide Dispatch FM Law Dispatch
154.80000 M GSP 7 800 RX Ch 7 800MHz Receive FM Interop

154.680 is the base transmit and 154.800 is the mobile transmit. You must be near a mobile to hear their transmission.

Happy Monitoring.

gadgetman10

Premium Subscriber
Dan,

I can't help with the CTCSS/DCS tones for Stewart County. I have a PRO-106 and it probably displays this info but I'm usually mobile and it is hard to look at the display while driving. I'm also out of town during the day. The Sheriff's Office handles dispatch for the entire county including Police in both Lumpkin and Richland. They also act as EMS/Fire Dispatch.

I believe they also use the following for county wide fire dispatch.

154.23500 WPME484 BM LFD Dispatch Fire Dispatch FM Fire Dispatch

I'm no longer on the Volunteer Fire Department so I've lost touch with the frequency listings. After I get back in town from vacation I'll start monitoring at home and see if I can capture more Stewart County information.

Good luck in your quest.

wise871

Database Admin
Thanks everyone. I've made the updates. This is the stuff I'm looking for. I noticed that MRD is everywhere in the Georgia database. Information like this helps keep the database accurate.
Thanks

gman4661

MRD actually stands for Mobile Radio District as I recall from the old State of Georgia communications plan. All counties were assigned a district with maybe 4 or 5 counties in each. I don't think the MRDs were used that much as most agencies used the 154.905 car-to-car freq.

There was also a statewide Intercity freq that was only base-to-base. Don't think it was very popular either.

N8IAA

Dan, for the Forsyth county trunk system, any of the TGID's that do not start with 35XXX, are no longer in use.
Larry

wise871

Database Admin
Dan, for the Forsyth county trunk system, any of the TGID's that do not start with 35XXX, are no longer in use.
Larry

Thanks Larry
I depreciated the non-35XXX until I get further guidance from the higher ups if I can completely delete the old channels.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.