Georgia State Patrol Helicopter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
154.905 is used heavily by Lowndes SO and Valdosta PD as a Car to Car channel since 800 MHz isn’t the best for simplex. I’m sure this is the same for other counties in the state that are on higher frequency trunk systems.

- Dawson Adams
K4DPA / WQPN413
Do they use 2 radios? VHF & 800 are tough to do in the same radio.

Columbus has enough non-dispatch talk groups that car-to-car isn't a problem.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Do they use 2 radios? VHF & 800 are tough to do in the same radio.

Columbus has enough non-dispatch talk groups that car-to-car isn't a problem.

I’m not quite sure to be honest. It may be a mixture of secondary radios and the APX series of mobiles.

- Dawson Adams
K4DPA / WQPN413

Reactions: RRR

U2flyer

Technisonic Communications company radios. They are airband radios with the ability to add 7/800, VHF, UHF or any of the combos as needed. They are P25.

RadioMaintainer

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
Yes 154. 905 is used as car to car and 154.935 is supposed to be for base to base. However, I have personally heard DPS using 154.905 / 154.935 as a base and mobile dispatch as back up when the mobiles are out of range of the repeaters. I hear troopers on 154.935 talking to dispatch and then I hear dispatch on 154.905 talking to the troopers.

- Dawson Adams
K4DPA / WQPN413

Your description of how 905 and 935 are used is typical and has always been and as was intended from the start, 905 was Car to Car and 935 was Base to Base, So 935 was also Car to Base and 905 was Base to Car. We used these as back up dispatch when repeaters were inoperative or mobiles were out of repeater range, HOWEVER, there have always been exceptions to this. It has been always called State Band and was for use by Sheriffs departments for interoperability from county to county and the State Patrol and other Law Enforcement Agencies usually State Agencies. This was established back in the days of LEAA when nearly everything was originally on 42.02 Low Band. Most Cities in Ga used 155.37 the same way State Band was used. Later 155.475 was used by almost everyone including Feds for interagency operations. Most of these frequencies are still in use today unless they do not fit in the new frequency plans.
Laurin Cavender
WB4IVG

Reactions: RRR

jcanupp

Premium Subscriber
GSP has a large aviation facility at the Cobb County Airport. They have a very nice Bell 429 twin engine aircraft there. I think they may have a Bell 307 there too. They also have a Bell 407, very nice I might add, and it is hangered at the Gainesville Airport. They are scattered all over the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.