• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Georgia State Patrol surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4CYA

Hey Guys & Ladies,

From your Florida neighbor I'll be heading through Georgia to visit my aunt in the Fort Valley, Georgia area and was wondering what all Georgia State Patrol frequencies I need to be able to hear both sides? I have the ones listed in the R/R database already. Also I'll be around Locust Grove as well I would like to listen to Military Air around Georgia where can I find a list for that as well.

Thank you.

- Jamie

N4CYA

GSP has 3 seperate setups. I will attach a page from the SC Upstate Frequency Directory. The P25 system may need to be updated.
Thank you for the reply Larry I'll add these frequencies to the programming file.

- Jamie

kg4ojj

Jamie,

Check your PM.

Look at Airnav.com for KWRB (Robins AFB). The RR database is good for their 400MHz TRS, too.

GSP around Fort Valley use the Perry Post. The VHF duplex works for them: 154.680/154.800.

The Houston County TRS sounds good across the county.

Enjoy!

lep

Premium Subscriber
In addition, not to be argumentative, our agency (GSP) is the Georgia State Patrol (as in highway Patrol). On the P-25 system, TG 1101 is "GSP Rincon" this is Post 42 which covers Savannah and the on-the-air ID is GSP Rincon. I actually monitor GSP 24x7 with computer logging on the P-25. I hear Bryan County on P-25 regularly but it is rare for me hear GSP on their channels. There are special GSP traffic units called Nighthawks that have training in DUI enforcement and have distinctively marked cars. Good luck on the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.