PSR-800: getting led to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to get led light to work. I know where to go in the programming section of computer program and handheld itself to get led to work when certain freqs come up i pick but it is not working. Can someone give me a step by step way to get it to work.

rwier

I can only speak to the EZScan methods. Whether Channels or TGs, use standard Windows methods to "highlight" those Channels or TGs that you want to assign BacklightLED info. Left Click in the "highlighted " area in the BKLT/LED column. You should get a pop-up window (Backlight/LED Configuration).

There are too many options available here to go into detail. A basically unlimited range of combinations of solid/flashing multi color and multi dwell (duration) options to suit one's personal taste. Experiment with the settings, DON"T FORGET TO HIT "SET", send to the scanner, and critique your choices.

Repeat until you like the results. I wouldn't be surprised if a Morse Code wizard could come up with a color/flash combo that identified the particular Channel/TG (three or four letter code).

Swipesy

I am trying to get led light to work. I know where to go in the programming section of computer program and handheld itself to get led to work when certain freqs come up i pick but it is not working. Can someone give me a step by step way to get it to work.

Here is an EZScan example that makes the LED flash like the Ohio Dept of Trans trucks warning lights.

Attachments

• ODOT.jpg
    ODOT.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 239

bprevost

Setting LED on 800

Not sure if this helps but go into the general settings tab of the software program and upper right has 'alert' settings. Make sure it is turned on for at least the LED setting or BOTH.

I think regardless of what you do changing the individual channel settings if this is turned off you do not get anything.

You can also set this on the scanner by going to the settings, scroll down to Alerts and again change this setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.