Glendale PD A-11 & A-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

Radio service was just testing several Glendale PD channels.

I believe I caught A-11 in the clear, and A-12 is definitely NOT encrypted, contrary to what the RRDB shows.

Edit: A-11 is definitely NOT encrypted.

John
Peoria

Last edited:

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed the same, and that not all TGs labeled as encrypted actually are with GPD. I tend to just lockout A2, A3, A5-7, and A15, and then leave the rest unlocked.

KB7MIB

I've heard A-12 in the past, and I think A-11 as well, which is why I kept them unlocked and was able to catch the testing. A-12 was used at a concert, either on the lawn at the Cardinals stadium, or at the baseball field, I can't recall exactly which.

I personally label them Event 1 and Event 2.

A-10 has been used for training. It's kind of funny to hear "pursuits" going around in circles on the track at Glendale's regional training center, which is laid out like city streets, and given the same street names as those in the same alignment outside the training center. I also heard recently a female going 10-7 from city hall on A-10, perhaps having provided security for a city council meeting?

I'm not sure if I've heard A-13 in use at the Coyotes arena. A-14 has been used at Westgate, especially on Friday and Saturday nights, by the officers on the security detail.

TG 4724, sequentially one TG below A-16 (TG 4725), is frequently active, albeit encrypted. I wonder if that is GPD's B-1? I've not yet compared UID's to GPD's known TG's.

KR7CQ, you don't have A-8, A-9, or A-16 avoided/locked out? Have you caught activity in the clear on them?

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
TG 4724
Encrypted

UID's: 7172676, 7172678, 7172680, 7172682

I have always wondered about the channel number for that talkgroup. It is definitely Glendale, and is a very busy talkgroup. If you hear officers say switch to a channel that you do not recognize, take note of the radio IDs and see if you can find the talkgroup where they show up. Even though we cannot hear the encrypted talkgroups, it is valuable if we can identify them in the DB.

KB7MIB

This is most likely a detectives TG, and I have doubts that we'd hear them on A-1 or A-4 telling each other to switch. My guess is they're either on there full time, or switching from another encrypted TG.

I really wish the Uniden scanners would stop on an encrypted TG just a little longer, to make it easier to do a channel hold on it, so you can get the UID's, or do a permanent avoid on it. It can be difficult to hit the channel hold quickly enough when an encrypted TG pops up for half a second or less.
Or if there could be an option to not mute an encrypted TG, so that the scanner stops on it for the same reason.
I don't want to have to connect my SDS-100 to the computer full time to run a logging program or some such.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.