Glenview FD on North Shore Chan. 151.010?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk9h

Premium Subscriber
For some time now I have noticed that it appears that Glenview FD is simulcast on the old North Shore channel, 151.010. This channel is analog, but the voices coming through have that “digital” sound to them.
1. Did Glenview FD convert to Starcom or something similar?
2. Is RED Center rebroadcasting those transmissions for some reason?

73, Don
Northfield, IL

N9JIG

Sheriff
Glenview Dispatch handles Glencoe Fire on 151.010.

If just the dispatcher is being heard then would surmise that they are using MultiSelect on the console as a single dispatcher is working the fire desk.

Years ago I did the leg work to obtain the 151.010 frequency for the North Shore FD's as 154.160 was too crowded. Between Highland Park (using PL) and Evanston the channel was very busy so I did some digging for a new channel. This was before they opened up the 7.5 KHz. split channels and 151.010 was the only channel I found that had the required geo separation amongst co- and adjacent channel users. The only obstacle was the Northfield Township Highway Department on 151.025, they signed off and we agreed to mitigate any potential interference issues, of which there turned out to be none. To this day the license for all 4 departments is held by Winnetka FD.

I originally wanted to put up a repeater but there was little interest in that, mostly due to the expense.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Glenview FD uses starcom so that is why the voices sound digital. If you were ever to listen to the DuComm VHF they are bridged to the starcomm talkgroups and sound the same

Status
Not open for further replies.