Glynn county Georgia trs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I got an e mail from friends down in Saint simons island Georgia wondering what happened to their scanner. They told me they weren't hearing anything on the Glynn/Brunswick TRS any more . It looks like some of the frequencies have changed. Is this the rebanding we've heard so much about in the hobby? I noticed some frequencies that were in the 868.000 range were no longer listed. These,if memory serves were simulcast frequencies.

My friends have a BC 245XLT . Could anyone shed some light on the subject?

SCPD

QRT
I do not this that model is re bandable, you will need to upgrade to a new scanner most likely

N8IAA

Steve, they have rebanded. The BC245 will not do rebanding. Your friend needs to get a new 346XT, Pro-164 to be able to monitor Glynn County.
Sorry for the news,
Larry

Stavro35

This is very confusing. I got an e mail from them the other day saying they'd programmed in the new frequencies. And, at least according to them, the radio is working just fine.

N8IAA

This is very confusing. I got an e mail from them the other day saying they'd programmed in the new frequencies. And, at least according to them, the radio is working just fine.

My mistake, Steve. The 245 will take the 850Mhz frequencies. Rebanding according the 'world' is 700Mhz.
Larry

Julian1

Glynn County, GA

I just came through there w/ my 996 on Wednesday.

So Glynn County has rebanded?? That will mean creating a custom list

Is anyone currently scanning Glynn County TRS successfully ???

ButchGone

rebanding

If the new rebanded freqs are above 854MHz you won't have to do anything but put the new control channels in. If they're below 854MHz, you will have to program a custom table. That lower range is where all the previous 866-869 channels were. Otherwise you won't hear all the conversations.
BG..

N8IAA

If the new rebanded freqs are above 854MHz you won't have to do anything but put the new control channels in. If they're below 854MHz, you will have to program a custom table. That lower range is where all the previous 866-869 channels were. Otherwise you won't hear all the conversations.
BG..

BG: 245 doesn't do CC only. That didn't happen until the 246:)
Larry

ButchGone

correct!

Yes, the 245 doesn't do CC trunking. But on all rebanded systems above 854MHz it tracks them well. You do have to enter all frequencies of the system though.
Happy listening!
BG..

gcr33

Rebanding has nothing to do with 700mhz. It is the removal of the 866-868 mhz freq. ALL of them are be lowered by exactly 15 mhz. This is the Nextel Sprint reband.

700 is another issue. Right now there are a few systems with 700 mhz in them.

My mistake, Steve. The 245 will take the 850Mhz frequencies. Rebanding according the 'world' is 700Mhz.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.