• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GM Data Interface causing RFI interference in Silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
I installed an aftermarket car stereo in my Chevy Silverado and had to use a Metra Axxess GMOS-01 GM Data Interface to retain the chimes. I've noticed that it's causing all kinds of RFI interference on my scanner, mainly on the VHF frequencies. Tried relocating it to different places in the truck but still gettting all kinds of noise on VHF.

Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a Chevy but a basic install question for you. Where are you getting your power from, the fuse block or direct to the battery for your scanner? You could be getting the interference though the power lead. If you can, I would get the power to your scanner direct from your battery, if you haven't done that already.

Just a thought.

sfd119

What year Chevy?

My 2014 has taken a huge hit on FM stereo reception compared to my 2008 and have noticed VHF problems on all my radios/scanners as well. Doing a bit of research on this there was a log of other people with FM problems that were never really rectified on these yearish trucks.

zrock

Were are your antenata mounted

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

zrock

One heck of a set up... I would almost bet one of your antenna cables running down the side pillars is picking up the interfearence. I found my antenna had to be behind the centerline of cab and cable run down center of truck. Anyware else and I had issues

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

sfd119

The two scanner cables are running down the passenger A Pillar while the rest are split running down the rear pillars. Both the scanners and radios have less range compared to my 2008. FM reception is terrible too but its a widespread issue.

mccleway

Kinda late to the game here, but if OP is still having issues, I'd recommend wrapping the Metra unit in a small mylar bag to see if that's where the interference is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.