GM300 Error number 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to program my GM300 to day and it said Error number 58. Whats that mean and what can i do ? Thanks

Ok Thanks thats helps me alot. I have a blank codeplug but now how do i upload it into the radio with RSS? Thanks

Hey guys...don't mean to hijack this thread, but would either of you be interested in programming my GM300? I'm in NJ, but I can ship you the radio for programming, along with a money order for your fee.

What is the history of the radio? The usual cause of a corrupt codeplug is when somebody tried to change the radio for example from an 8 channel to 16 channel... tried to load a codeplug from a radio with a different SN... the read/write from the PC might be too fast... or a failed RIB/cable. Best to have a "working" codeplug from the original radio downloaded and saved. Try to upload that one. I've seen many of these radios turned into door stops if you don't know what you are doing.

Bentley... Take your radio to Motorola or most any 2-way radio service shop. They will program it for you as long as it's not on the stolen list and you have proper authorization to use the frequencies. Fees for this are nominal.

Status
Not open for further replies.