• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Gnuradio Debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, all. I am developing a block in Gnuradio (using GRC). My block is just eating up memory and I can not figure out why. Does anyone out there know a way I could use gdb (or any debugger) to step through the runtime process and watch the memory get allocated? Thanks in advance.

Well, because it was a little difficult designing a GRC block from scratch I have stripped the general work code from the gr_interleaved_short_to_complex.cc and placed my own there. From that point, I have just been recompiling and reinstalling gnuradio as needed to test out changes to the code. So, I do not have a solid integrated development environment. It's a little rough but it's been getting me by up until now.

Well, I had originally tried to just develop my own block using Eric Blossom's How to Write a Block reference. That didn't work so well. Since then I've removed all the general_work code from the gr_interleaved_short_to_complex.cc block and inserted my own. To test the code I recompile and reinstall the gnuradio-3.2.2 source code to test my blocks in Gnuradio Companion (GRC). The memory issue has not been too big of an issue up until now, so I have not needed a way to debug the code (make (g++) usually gave me most of what I needed to know).

Status
Not open for further replies.