Golden Gate Rec District

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings.
Not sure how many of you monitor teh Golden Gate National Rec District, but I'm noticing many new talkgroups today.
Usualy, about 6-7 talk groups are monitored, but today, I noticed 4 new talk groups and more I-calls today.
Is the system being used more? Anybody have any news about this little used system? 25584, 224, 28688 are new groups.

Vince :D

SAR923

I monitor them all the time although I only listen to the law enforcement TG's so I wouldn't have seen any the new TG's. I'll put it open mode the next few days and see what I come up with. The system is in active use for the Park Police and GGNRA Rangers.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I listen to the system when I'm in Oakland but I haven't heard anything new. Sounds like the same ol' system to me. You're listening with a Uniden I'll bet? My wager is on them being phantom talkgroups, *especially* the five digit ones. 224 could be valid though.

-Wayne

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Wayne
Yes, I have a Uniden (several) but signal is strong. I'm not sure if they are "phantom". Those tg's monitored were different from one another.
But, you are the man, how do we go about find if they are "phantom" Wayne?

I have monitored this system off-on for the last 5 years, and I too have never monitored these TG's untile now.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
It will happen even when the signal is strong. I'm not sure if the GGNRA sites are Simulcast but screwed up phasing can cause data errors on the CC.

How do you know if it's a phantom talkgroup or not? Ask someone with a PRO96! ;) Generally you just look at the TG number and how it fits within the current plan. GGNRA has a bunch of TGs they barely use as-is and I'm sure their sysadmin isn't someone onsite who has immediate access to the database. Probably a remote dial-in or something. Probably admined like Caltrans' systems.

-Wayne

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Wayne
Thanks. I too have a Pro-96, don't have GGRA in. But interesting, those phantom talk groups, all had different people talking. Anyway, there was an emergency going on at the time.
I will keep a look out for thee groups again.

Vince :)

Status
Not open for further replies.