Goldsboro PD (Wayne Co., NC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acpmlp59

Can anyone explain to me why the Goldsboro PD (Wayne Co., NC) channel has randomly quit working on my BCD436HP a few days ago? I am getting absolutely no traffic on it.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
Between this system and the New Bern system it's been driving me crazy. Some days I am in the Goldsboro area I can hear the system other days I hear nothing. I think both systems are Harris systems and I wonder if that has something to do with it somehow. I once cutting an antenna for the 155 MHz band and was receiving the system great but that only lasted about a day or two and then it went back to doing the same exact thing. I hope somebody can figure it out because I sure can't

NOBEES

Have you read prior threads about the Wayne County system? There are several. Past threads have said to make sure that you enter all of the Control Channel frequencies listed in the Radio Reference database for that system and there are over 20 listed.
Apparently that system must change CCs frequently since all the frequencies listed in the RR database are shown as CCs. The last two that I know have been used are 152.090 and 152.720.

What I can not understand is why only a very few of the frequencies in the RR database for Simulcast 1 and Simulcast 11 are shown under the FCC license WQHJ229. Neither 152.090 nor 152.720 are licensed to this Wayne County system but are being used.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
There are no less than 23 frequencies for this system. I've had best results programming in all 23 frequencies and setting the trunking table to CUSTOM. These 23 frequencies are a combination of both simulcast 1 and simulcast 11. This was done on a PSR 500 scanner using Win 500.

troymail

Silent Key

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what your problem may be with the Uniden Scanner however like stated before you need all the control channel frequencies for both Simulcast on this system. I hear Wayne County clear. No issues using Radio Shack Pro-106 and Pro-668. I have noted some changes to the system however. Sheriff dispatch is now on WC LE. The Wayne SO talkgroup is now encrypted along with Patrol, Swat, and the Drug Squad. I have also noted a new talkgroup 1512 which I assume is utilized by the Sheriff's Department. It is also fully encrypted.

NOBEES

Encryption for routine LEO

I am not sure what your problem may be with the Uniden Scanner however like stated before you need all the control channel frequencies for both Simulcast on this system. I hear Wayne County clear. No issues using Radio Shack Pro-106 and Pro-668. I have noted some changes to the system however. Sheriff dispatch is now on WC LE. The Wayne SO talkgroup is now encrypted along with Patrol, Swat, and the Drug Squad. I have also noted a new talkgroup 1512 which I assume is utilized by the Sheriff's Department. It is also fully encrypted.

Those listeners that live in Wayne County need to complain to your representatives and the news media about the encryption being used for all Wayne County SO communications including routine dispatch. The most important need between LEO and citizens/taxpayers and the news media is trust and when the WC SO is encrypting even routine communications that trust is lost. It makes good common sense to use encryption when conducting surveillance or raids like other agencies do but using it for routine dispatch defies common sense. It also prevents those with scanners from assisting LEO by being on the lookout for suspects.
Taxpayers paid for that communications system and for the FCC license and the salaries of those working in the SO and should be able to monitor routine traffic along with those in the news media.

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
Those listeners that live in Wayne County need to complain to your representatives and the news media about the encryption being used for all Wayne County SO communications including routine dispatch. The most important need between LEO and citizens/taxpayers and the news media is trust and when the WC SO is encrypting even routine communications that trust is lost. It makes good common sense to use encryption when conducting surveillance or raids like other agencies do but using it for routine dispatch defies common sense. It also prevents those with scanners from assisting LEO by being on the lookout for suspects.
Taxpayers paid for that communications system and for the FCC license and the salaries of those working in the SO and should be able to monitor routine traffic along with those in the news media.

Yes, it does make me question their integrity. No need to hide what's being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.