• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Golf Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there has to be some Golf geniuses here.:)

I came across 2 sets of golf clubs and would like to know which set is the better of the 2.
1st set:
PowerBilt TPS Seniors.
Irons: 3 thru PW+SW.
Woods: Mizuno Altron SE 1, 3, and 5.

2nd set:
S.O.T.A E.R.S *cobalt*.
Irons: 3 thru PW+SW.
Woods: 1, 3, and 5.

Both sets are in mint to near mint condition. Thanks for any info.

cws

I don't know about those brands, specifically, but if you are planning to actually use them, it depends on your swing speed. The "senior" shafts will probably be too "whippy" for a younger man, which will cause you to spray shots all over the place. I'm 66, and I just switched from "stiff" to a "regular" shaft in my irons.

Thanks for the reply. Since I'm just getting started I'm still pretty stiff in my swing, and because of Dessert Storm I don't think it's going to get better, I just bought some "Noodle" golf balls to see if they help, they are made for people with a golf swing of less than 85 Mph. I've taken both sets to the range, and I do pretty well with both, so the deciding factor of which to get rid of will be "which is better", so if anybody else has any idea I'd appreciate some advice, Thanks!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
What shafts are they Stiff or Regular or Senior? I use Regular shafts on mine expect the Driver and 3 Wood I got stiff on them. I use different kind of golf balls noodles are not too bad to use. I only been playing 3 years and I haven't been playing much due to not working and stuff.. My buddy is is a golf player he knows alot about clubs and shafts maybe I can ask him when I get a hold of him....

cws

The "better" set is the one with which you play better. There are countless brands of clubs out there, but any that don't fit your swing are no good. That said, I've never heard of "S.O.T.A E.R.S", nor can I find anything about them on the internet with a search.

Since you're a beginner, the best approach is to take a lesson (or a few) from a PGA Pro, who would also give you a good opinion of the clubs you're using. Another interesting (if not valuable) site on the internet is Maltby's Playability Factor. Basically, the higher the number of the rating, the easier the club is to hit straight, and the harder it would be to "work" the ball left or right. Lowest numbers would be very difficult for a beginner to use.

I didnt used to like Golf but when THE GOLF CHANNEL came on our network years ago i really started watching and loving it!!

Such a relaxing event :)

Status
Not open for further replies.