Good Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

I would say if your monitoring 800mhz and only that band, you would be better off to get an antenna that was designed to receive 800mhz and not a wide band type antenna.

But if you decide to purchase this one from ebay, please let us know how it works out for.
Have seen this antenna on here(ebay) for a long time,but never have any interest in it.

Let Us Know...Good Luck

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
There were already at least two threads (both pretty long) on this antenna....search around and you'll find an extensive discussion. Keep in mind the picture in the auction shows two, but you only get one....also check how the coax attaches....

Last edited:

n5ims

I worry that there's no real description of the antenna (specifics on freq range, etc.), just lots of large colorful text with glowing reports from who knows who on how well it works. I almost expected to see how it "Slices, Dices" etc. Calling an obviously uni-directional antenna onmi-directional is another big red flag that they don't know what they're selling.

Last edited:

N1BHH

That's more of a bi-directional antenna. It has no manufacturers name attached to it. That's the first thing you look for in any antenna you buy, a manufacturers name, otherwise, you don't know what you are buying.

hoser147

Cant help ya on that one,but I did a little playn around this winter and to a RS 800mhz antenna and mounted it on a piece of conduit, on my porch swing just to see how it would preform. I got about 16ft or so of coax on there and its up there atleast 15ft. It pretty well doubled my reception on MARCs system and a couple of other 800 systems. Its nothing fancy but I was more than impressed with the results. Now that the weather has broke, Im going to make another run up to my main mast and put it in a PVC shell. Ill probably change the antenna to a Antennex 2.5 db gain ducky that overloads my scanner when used on the back of it. By the time I get it done it would be up in about the 30 to 35 ft range. Hopefully I will have good results to report back with. Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.