Google Data center in Pryor OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Google has a massive data center just south of Pryor, OK that is licensed for quite a number of frequencies - WQIR860.
It is a monster facility and it is growing even larger. I was heading to Tulsa this weekend from Joplin, so I took a bit of a detour for a few hours Friday and Saturday.
On Friday, just about all the frequencies were busy. Looks to be 2 linked DMR sites, one with Color Code 4 another with CC 7. I brought 3 TRX receivers, and several times I heard the same comms on 2 different frequencies, which turned out to be one on each color code, and thus on each site. No LCN info as Whistler does not have that as Uniden does. :(

Five of the 23 licensed frequencies NOT in use in this short period, and one more frequency being used in the system that is NOT on their license.
Seven Talkgroups were in found use, 6 of them in the 779#### series, and one more as long, beginning with a 6. The TGs were seen on both repeaters with the 2 color codes, and each TG was either a slot 1 or 2.
Several TGs were various security types, one with over 40 RIDs/UIDs, tho the numbering scheme of the RIDs makes one think there are over 500 radios. Other TGs were shuttles, and general operations. Nothing very exciting or “Googlish” – there were no chats about RAM or hard drives etc. ☹

I have attached my spreadsheetin Pdf form with all the TGs and RIDs because I can't figure how to make a table in the forum, not post the underlying spreadsheet! If anyone has anything to add let me know before I submit.
(GooPry# means Google at Pryor with a number from 1-23 of the licensed frequencies in ascending order)

W

Attachments

• Google at Pryor Ok WQIR860.pdf
    58.2 KB · Views: 34

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I just drove by and this appears to be all conventional and not trunked. There is no control channel or rest channel.

Based on hearing traffic on multiple channels at once I’d say they are utilizing some sort of IP Site Connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I just drove by and this appears to be all conventional and not trunked. There is no control channel or rest channel.

Based on hearing traffic on multiple channels at once I’d say they are utilizing some sort of IP Site Connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm, some TGs appear on several frequencies - see my "spreadsheet" - I'd think that makes it trunked!

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Then there must be missing frequencies, because none of the ones on the license showed CON or CAP+ control / rest channel.

Being such a small area I wouldn't think that they would need IP Site Connect, but that is possibly why it would be on multiple frequencies. IPSC isn't trunked, just connected repeaters.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Help me understand - if IPSC isn't trunked, can the same TG appear on 2 or 3 frequencies?
In fact, MOST of the TGs stayed mainly on just one freq, but the busier TGs were on 3 or up to 7 freqs.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Google has so much bandwidth that it may be a nationwide system with RF at each of their sites. They are so interconnected for their business that it wouldn't surprise me if all the worker bees were working as a single hive.

Secret_Squirrel

Nut Protector Extraordinaire
Trust me, you guys aren't missing anything. All you're going to hear is "door 315-a was forced" "tailgating occured at door 502-d" and then you will hear security running around like chickens with their heads cut off chasing down door alarms all day. It's not even worth it when they pay you to listen to those radios, I can't imagine someone wanting to subject themselves to that torture for free.

frazpo

Trust me, you guys aren't missing anything. All you're going to hear is "door 315-a was forced" "tailgating occured at door 502-d" and then you will hear security running around like chickens with their heads cut off chasing down door alarms all day. It's not even worth it when they pay you to listen to those radios, I can't imagine someone wanting to subject themselves to that torture for free.

This hobby is just as much about identifying the structure of a system as listening to the actual radio traffic. That's what alot of these guys do. Which is good for me,,I dont have the time to do it and these guys do the hard work for RR and the rest of us.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Kind of like listening to the turnpike toll booths.

Status
Not open for further replies.