• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Got a used CP200, how to program it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
The one I posted is very good. My works extremely well.

No reason to start a "my dog is bigger than your dog" bickering session over programing cables. Both the Kawa and the Valley are decent products and they're priced about the same. Given the fact that they both are most likely manufactured in China, it's more than a fair possibility they are all the same item anyway.

gtaman

No reason to start a "my dog is bigger than your dog" bickering session over programing cables. Both the Kawa and the Valley are decent products and they're priced about the same. Given the fact that they both are most likely manufactured in China, it's more than a fair possibility they are all the same item anyway.

Oh I'm not trying to start anything I didn't mean for anyone to take it that way I was giving more buying options. I don't use eBay for something's so ill turn to amazon I was posting that amazon was another option.

SFD790

ok, ive got my cable & CPS installed, but when i click read me, it says comport error, What do i do? Ive went to preferances, and tried to change it. -__-

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Ok, how do I save a personal conventionalitie, like how to save it as a channel in my radio.

You can save a complete codeplug on your hard drive just like any other file.

But you can not save any portion of a codeplug including personalities as a computer file.

Or are you asking something different?

eschildkraut

Premium Subscriber
Hey is the CPS the same that is used for PM400's? also what version is used for a cp185 and p1225 I have a slough of radios to narrow band as spares.
-Thanks in advance

N2JDS

Hey is the CPS the same that is used for PM400's? also what version is used for a cp185 and p1225 I have a slough of radios to narrow band as spares.
-Thanks in advance

I just bought this yesterday and downloaded, will be doing some programming both CP200 and PM400 today

It does do the PM400, and I remember it listed several others as well, but can't say on the 185 and 1225, I'm thinking it did say the cp185.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
CP185 uses a completely different CPS, called Entry Level Radio. The Professional Series (for CP200) will program the CP150 so maybe that's what you saw.

gtaman

CP185 uses a completely different CPS, called Entry Level Radio. The Professional Series (for CP200) will program the CP150 so maybe that's what you saw.

Commercial Series (cp200) (cm300) etc. Not to be confused with professional which programs the HT750 HT1250 etc.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Whoops, nice catch, that's what I meant. That's what I get for trying to do too much at once!

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Great, I just found that info and found the software for the p1225 but the bigger problem is it runs on Win 95
If you have Rev. 4, it will run on Win98 and XP just fine. I had trouble installing it on my laptop with Win7 32 bit, but since it's already running fine on my XP shop PC, I didn't fiddle with getting it to install properly on the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.