GoTRBO (202) TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Alumni Hall would be Mac however security typically referred to each building by its building number rather than name. Well, at least they did back in the 80's

That is what I was thinking... but wouldn't they already have their own security on their trunk..

Matt

Paz

Premium Subscriber
No reception in Ancaster

I upgraded my BCD436HP, I programmed GoTRBO(202) into Sentinel and downloaded it to my scanner, but I'm not getting anything on this system. I haven't had any experience with DMR. Is there something more I need to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Yes, MAC50 would probably be on their own system.

I see a lot of activity on Mac's system on TG 141 at night.. I am suspecting but as it's encrypted that it's probably their security TG. There was a lot of activity on that TG over the weekend so far.

Matt

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded my BCD436HP, I programmed GoTRBO(202) into Sentinel and downloaded it to my scanner, but I'm not getting anything on this system. I haven't had any experience with DMR. Is there something more I need to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So I am guessing that it is doing a scan of the system but nothing is showing? Are you getting any signal strength on the system.. i would also put it in Search mode as there are quite a few TG's not listed that are unknown.. Also did you put a quick key on the departments and if so do you have them enabled?

Matt

Paz

Premium Subscriber
Correct. Scanning. Display shows info. No signal strength showing at all, which seems strange since Ancaster is still within Hamilton. In search mode. No departments or sites in quick key (I tried that and enabling, but nothing). Perhaps I'm just not close enough to get a signal. I'll try driving closer to the tower. But that seems strange.

I also don't receive anything on FleetConnect, so I'm wondering if there's something simple that I'm doing wrong with DMR.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Correct. Scanning. Display shows info. No signal strength showing at all, which seems strange since Ancaster is still within Hamilton. In search mode. No departments or sites in quick key (I tried that and enabling, but nothing). Perhaps I'm just not close enough to get a signal. I'll try driving closer to the tower. But that seems strange.

I also don't receive anything on FleetConnect, so I'm wondering if there's something simple that I'm doing wrong with DMR.

Where in Ancaster are you? My mom lives up there near Fiddler's and Garner and actually I will be up there tomorrow so I will bring my scanner with me and see what the reception is like for both this one and FleetConnect. Also just as a FYI and if you didn't see my previous message.. the colour code for the Fennell tower of GoTRBO on here are not correct.. the correct ones are cc6 for 460.8375 and cc5 for 453.9875 & 451.1625.

Matt

Paz

Premium Subscriber
I live just a bit north of Fiddler's Green and Jerseyville. I've experimented with different antennas and I've been able to get sporadic signal strength, but no voice. Perhaps I'm just out of range. I really appreciate your help.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike.. actually the Fonthill site for GoTRBO is the same way.. LCN 1 is CC 6 while the other two LCN's are colour code 5.. you can change that site too.

Matt

Paz

Premium Subscriber
Matt. As soon as I drove a short distance toward Hamilton, I started receiving GOTRBO with no problem. Must be a range issue, or perhaps my house in Ancaster is in a dead spot. Either way, thanks so much for your help.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Matt. As soon as I drove a short distance toward Hamilton, I started receiving GOTRBO with no problem. Must be a range issue, or perhaps my house in Ancaster is in a dead spot. Either way, thanks so much for your help.

Hey Paz.. I was up there today and noticed that the coverage for both FleetConnect & GoTRBO are pretty horrid with a scanner up in Ancaster.. I even tried the Brantford tower sitting outside my dentist's office at Fiddler's & Wilson but nothing..

I did notice that Hamilton G&CC is using a Capacity Plus.. on 452.2125 CC 3.. I guess that is something I am going to have to check out further this spring.

Matt

alex5774

I'm hearing activity on TG 11050030. Users are identifying themselves as Niagara 1, Hamilton 1, and Papa 1. I think it's some sort of alarm monitoring or security company.

Edit: never mind I see that it's already listed on the Fonthill talkgroups

Last edited:

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing activity on TG 11050030. Users are identifying themselves as Niagara 1, Hamilton 1, and Papa 1. I think it's some sort of alarm monitoring or security company.

Edit: never mind I see that it's already listed on the Fonthill talkgroups

What tower where you hearing that off of? Fonthill?

Status
Not open for further replies.