GPS Range settings in BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes159

Premium Subscriber
I'm a bit confused with GPS settings on my scanner. In the database, I can see that someone has been nice enough to calculate a location point in the center of each municipality, and a range value that covers, more or less, the geographic area of the town. The range values will be something like 2 miles, 4 miles, 3.5 miles, or whatever.

Looking at the programming for the scanner using either ProScan or FreeScan, the range dropdown has fixed values (0.5 miles, 1 mile, 3 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles, 30 miles, 50 miles).

Am I correct in assuming, therefore, that despite the more accurate range values available in the database, I can't actually use them and am limited to one of the pre-set range values?

If true, does this also hold true for other models as well (I'm thinking in particular of the BCT996XT)?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm a bit confused with GPS settings on my scanner. In the database, I can see that someone has been nice enough to calculate a location point in the center of each municipality, and a range value that covers, more or less, the geographic area of the town. The range values will be something like 2 miles, 4 miles, 3.5 miles, or whatever.

Looking at the programming for the scanner using either ProScan or FreeScan, the range dropdown has fixed values (0.5 miles, 1 mile, 3 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles, 30 miles, 50 miles).

Am I correct in assuming, therefore, that despite the more accurate range values available in the database, I can't actually use them and am limited to one of the pre-set range values?

If true, does this also hold true for other models as well (I'm thinking in particular of the BCT996XT)?

The XT series scanners shouldn't be an issue as the range ranges from .5 mile to 125 miles with .5 mile increments.

On the non XT series scanners if using ProScan to import would be as follows:
18 miles imports as 20
50.1 miles(and up) imports as 50

XT series scanners:
50.1 miles imports as 50.5
125.1 miles(and up) imports as 125

Status
Not open for further replies.