• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Gps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what would be the best Kind of GPS system I should get for my 95 dodge Intrepid I respond to medical calls for green lake county so I tend to get lost a lot and have to call dispatch for directions and the nearest crossroad i have been looking around and i have no clue on what to get or were to go Thanks

no Ambulance

wish I could We dont have ambulance we are first responders and EMT's that respond from any were we are in the county we get there before they arrive most times the quickest rig comes from Ripon or berlin, princeton or markesan wich can be 10 to 20 min away depends were we are for the call in the county thats why a GPS would be nice

LEH

Premium Subscriber
green737 said:
I was wondering what would be the best Kind of GPS system I should get for my 95 dodge Intrepid I respond to medical calls for green lake county so I tend to get lost a lot and have to call dispatch for directions and the nearest crossroad i have been looking around and i have no clue on what to get or were to go Thanks
There are quite a few GPS systems out there. Prices range from $150 to $600 or more. I recall a thread on this topic a couple of months ago in either this forum or in the general forum. You might do a search as there was a real wealth of info in that one.

One thing you probably want to have is the ability to show a route to an address from where you are currenlty located. Just keep in mind it can take a couple of minutes to enter the address you want, depending on how the device lets you enter data.

As I'm sure concentrating on driving is important, voice driven direction is probably inperitive, and one with good audio output.

Status
Not open for further replies.