Grand Canyon NP/Kaibab NF Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I tried to contact the feed provider, but both the email and private message links are not working.

Why does the digital law enforcement net sound like it does? It is either encrypted or the scanner cannot copy the traffic from the repeater due to distance. It is quite annoying when listening to the feed. Do they ever use this frequency in the clear? If it is very rare or the signal never gets better should this be a marginal, non-encrypted signal. Either way, why have it on the feed? My wife gets quite annoyed by the sound and it makes it difficult to listen as I have to turn it down when she is around and I like to hear it from some distance. I say remove the frequency from the feed.

What do others who listen to this feed think?

kd7ckq

It is Encrypted. I have locked it out before. However, we had a recent power outage that reset the scanner and I need to take some time to lock them out again. I will do it tonight or tomorrow. Right now we have a storm rolling over and the antennas are disconnected til it passes.

tommartin

Please do not drop this feed! Over the last ten years of so Grand Canyon National Park has set up a wall to keep the public out of knowing what is happening in the park. This is one of the main avenues still open. I can't encourage you enought o keep this feed going. Thank you, tom

Status
Not open for further replies.