Grand Taxi in Welland

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Hey all,

Does anyone know the freq for Grand Taxi in Welland?

Not having any luck searching this site or the TAFL.

I'm getting the feeling they may be on a commercial trunk system.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Not familiar with Grand Taxi - are they the same outfit as 4500 Taxi? Reason I ask - I lived there for quite awhile and at that time, 4500 was the only game in town.

If that's the case, they're on 460.0625.

Jammin_Jay

4500 taxi is listed under tall
460.0625 Rx
465.0625 tx

Liscense 0676860

The taxi station address is at a different location grand taxi, then the 4500 taxi registered with Industry Canada for the radio Liscense.

Next time your near the taxi or the station, perhaps try a close call capture.

Last edited:

uncleblackie

I have 4500's freq but thanks for the info.
Yes, they are two different companies and yes, for the longest time 4500 was the only game in town.
I am traveling there tomorrow and was hoping to have it before I arrived.

I will take a look at the antennas and radios if I get a chance but usually taxi drivers if they are even knowledgeable about their radio system at all, are not very forthcoming with info as they usually view a stranger asking questions as someone from the competition trying to scan them and steal their trips.

Since Grand Taxi is only new within the last three years I think, then it would probably make sense that they are on either a commercial trunk or one of those temp Industry Canada freqs most likely UHF.
I'm going to assume that at least in Central Ontario, it's probably pretty hard to get your own freq these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.